Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aaron Donald anyone...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jones will develop a bull rush, he needs to get stronger but he will. He already sets the edge well and that was a concern. I think Barr brings the ability to bend the corner and get around tackles

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Jones will develop a bull rush, he needs to get stronger but he will. He already sets the edge well and that was a concern. I think Barr brings the ability to bend the corner and get around tackles
    I admit I haven't seen a lot of Barr, but from what I've seen he is average at best. Run recognition seems poor, Stanford's TE ate his lunch, he will get splash plays when unblocked or uses his straight line speed to get around tackles when the play breaks down. Color me ecstatic (yawn). Seems weak on tape (15 reps confirms this) with a one trick arsenal- good closing speed, but the tackles are 6-7 yds down the field. I'll definitely have to watch some more tape, but the initial wow factor is not there. Are you thinking of him worthy at 15?

Just watched the Nebraska game (again) I saw it live the first time and came away unimpressed. This guy capitalizes on very few plays. Again realizing on his straight ahead speed. Easily blocked by underlings. Can anyone say Alonzo Jackson. I put a check on the "pass" box. Let him go to the Dolphins, they seem intrigued by the no name (no talent) defense.
    Last edited by thor75; 04-18-2014 at 02:19 AM.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I admit I haven't seen a lot of Barr, but from what I've seen he is average at best. Run recognition seems poor, Stanford's TE ate his lunch, he will get splash plays when unblocked or uses his straight line speed to get around tackles when the play breaks down. Color me ecstatic (yawn). Seems weak on tape (15 reps confirms this) with a one trick arsenal- good closing speed, but the tackles are 6-7 yds down the field. I'll definitely have to watch some more tape, but the initial wow factor is not there. Are you thinking of him worthy at 15?

Just watched the Nebraska game (again) I saw it live the first time and came away unimpressed. This guy capitalizes on very few plays. Again realizing on his straight ahead speed. Easily blocked by underlings. Can anyone say Alonzo Jackson. I put a check on the "pass" box. Let him go to the Dolphins, they seem intrigued by the no name (no talent) defense.
    He is raw, im not disputing that. But imo hes every bit the prospect Mingo was (and mingo was the protype weak side OLB in a 34 to me). Hes probbaly not going to be a rookie sensation like a Shawn Merriman was, but hes a good player with great tools and would be easily worth that 15th pick if hes there.

Lets just talk them into moving up for Mack