Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question...

Starter

User Info Menu

Question...

...is Dri Archer in the 4th round too early? I don't think he will be there for one of our 5th round picks.

Dude is a perfect compliment to Bell and Blount.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's probably too high for the Steelers in this draft. RB3 would need to take a back seat to WR, CB, DL and even TE at this point.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree...the Steelers haven't had success with these smallish fast RBs. The guy out of Oregon has a shot IMO, because he is a bit sturdier than some of our other picks...strong for his size.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think they are pretty interested in Seastrunk if hes there in the 4th. Archer, idk...maybe, but theres a reason guys like him dont hold up very well

Seastrunk could guve us a Knile Davis type runner, the third down back they are looking for but one that is also capable of starting a game here and there. Archer and Thomas give them Chris Rainey or Trindon Holliday, guys im not sure can be more than a KR. Both very interesting if they can carve out a sproles or vereen like role though

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers already have their 3rd down RB.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Steelers already have their 3rd down RB.
    Bell? I mean I understand that, I do think they will target a change of pace guy eventually...not saying one of these guys is going to be pro ready as blocking and receiving threat as a rookie, but you CAN draft looking further down the line than this season too

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't think he's there when we pick in the 4th.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jump all over Seastrunk if he fell to 4th. Archer might be an overdraft in 4th. His concern of durability because of his size at the next level is a mystery. Played 47 games over 4 years in college. When you look at that...That still leaves you scratching your head. The only thing left on the table with him is how well can he do picking up a blitz in the NFL as a 3rd down back. If that question was answered...He could be a 4th rounder imo. He does everything else. Rushing 325/2,342 24 Tds 7.2 avg...Receiving 99/1,194 12 tds...Kick Return 52/1,436 4 Tds 28 Avg. When you put a 4th round grade or higher on a player...You see him as a "53" out of his first camp. You want positional value too. If there is a possibility he won't be...Than I think he would be 5th or lower. With the Steelers roster structure & what they expect out of their 3rd down back...I don't think you can say with certainty Archer has a 4th round grade from a Steelers perspective.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is LaSH completely out of the picture? I haven't heard about his rehab, but he seemed to be a good guy for a #3 RB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Archer will be a slot receiver in this league. Unlike a guy like McCluster, this is not a position change for Dri. He has played WR this year quite a bit. He will be capable of playing RB in a pinch, but he is so small that he will struggle in blitz pickup.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.