Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Did They Move the Draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Why Did They Move the Draft?

I'm sure it was discussed here, but I must have missed it...isn't the draft usually about the third weekend of April? Why did they move it into May?

College basketball is over for the year...I'm feeling antsy...I'm tired of waiting...I WANT MY DRAFT!

Sorry, but that's how I feel. Anyone else?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The wanted to extend the offseason because they are dicks

Legend

User Info Menu

To make our lives miserable. But they get more hype and more filler for the NFL Network.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

I heard there was some kind of scheduling issue at first. But now it's always going to be in May. Roger is just being roger
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The draft should really be scheduled for February, or March at the latest.

Backup

User Info Menu

Roger changes anything and everything....He is a complete Dictator. Why do you change 10-15 things a year with the most popular sport in the WORLD. I hope they boo him off the stage again at the draft.
    I personally miss the first rounds being on the same day. Now we have to wait to see who we pick in rounds 2 and 3? Can't remember but I think it was rounds 1-2 on day one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Roger changes anything and everything....He is a complete Dictator. Why do you change 10-15 things a year with the most popular sport in the WORLD. I hope they boo him off the stage again at the draft.
    I personally miss the first rounds being on the same day. Now we have to wait to see who we pick in rounds 2 and 3? Can't remember but I think it was rounds 1-2 on day one.
    I think 1-3 was on Saturday and 4-7 on sunday. Started at noon it was a good time.

I dont hate the prime time slot, should be on a friday so i can get as drunk as i do anyway and not have to go to work in the morning lol

Backup

User Info Menu

I, too, want the NFL to go back to a Saturday/Sunday format. I hate the discontinuity of the current setup. If the team personnel hate staying late in the evening, then just start the draft at 11AM instead of noon. Limiting the first-round draft picks to 12 minutes was a good start, but instead of seven minutes for the second-round picks and five minutes for the third-round and later picks, make it eight minutes and four minutes, respectively. This would be a win/win scenario for everybody. The fans would get to veg out for a whole weekend, and the team personnel won't get run too ragged.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Because Goodell can leave no funtioning situation undamaged.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Heck yea, Sat/ Sun. was the best. Stayed in all weekend and it was like a freakin' holiday. Now, not so much.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion