Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: Pouncey Price to Go Way Up

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,107
    I'm curious why so many here don't think that Pouncey has played that well (when he's actually played) past his rookie year? While I'll admit that I may not be the greatest judge of OL talent, guys like Tunch and Wolf seem to think the guy hung the moon and they seem to know a little about it. What are they missing out on?

  2. #22
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm curious why so many here don't think that Pouncey has played that well (when he's actually played) past his rookie year? While I'll admit that I may not be the greatest judge of OL talent, guys like Tunch and Wolf seem to think the guy hung the moon and they seem to know a little about it. What are they missing out on?
    I think the highlighted statement you made above (when he's actually played) proves that he has not earned his rep.

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I think the highlighted statement you made above (when he's actually played) proves that he has not earned his rep.
    But when he's not played it hasn't been through any fault of his own. Is there something about his actual body of work on the field that isn't up to snuff?

  4. #24
    Shoe: Here we go again. You assumed a full offseason would be sufficient to heal from the ankle injury suffered in the 2010 AFCC game. Well, your assumption might have been justified if it was an ordinary ankle injury. It wasn't, and it possibly was not diagnosed properly. I told you he had surgery after the 2011 season because the injury did NOT heal. It didn't heal because it wasn't just a sprain; there was a separation of the bones at the ankle joint. Perhaps you will concede that you assumed wrong.

    By the way, D Rock, I did NOT say that he should be paid based on past ability. I said if he's not worth what people are ASSUMING he'll demand, it's because of injuries that were not his fault (and let's throw in a possible mistake by the docs that was not his fault). That is why I don't understand the contempt coming his way on this board. He didn't WANT to be injured. Can we agree on at least THAT?

    Oh, and "acting like a dick"? Really? Look, I read and try to comprehend what other people post. I expect others to do the same when I post. Otherwise, the board becomes a bunch of ships passing in the night.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 04-13-2014 at 08:24 PM.

  5. #25
    Who cares whose fault it's been?

    Having those injuries has limited his play since. As was said here: his first injury didn't heal properly, so he didn't play great the next season. Why should he be paid like he's going to return to his rookie form, when he hasn't shown that he's able to do it.

    Successful player management has to be a heartless task. You look at a guy. How much better is he than replacement value? How much more is he going to want to be paid? Can we use that money elsewhere to get more impact?

  6. #26
    Sigh......Again, you didn't read what I said.

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,771
    pouncey aint worth half that even if he stays healthy
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  8. #28
    Pro Bowler thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Shoe: Here we go again. You assumed a full offseason would be sufficient to heal from the ankle injury suffered in the 2010 AFCC game. Well, your assumption might have been justified if it was an ordinary ankle injury. It wasn't, and it possibly was not diagnosed properly. I told you he had surgery after the 2011 season because the injury did NOT heal. It didn't heal because it wasn't just a sprain; there was a separation of the bones at the ankle joint. Perhaps you will concede that you assumed wrong.

    By the way, D Rock, I did NOT say that he should be paid based on past ability. I said if he's not worth what people are ASSUMING he'll demand, it's because of injuries that were not his fault (and let's throw in a possible mistake by the docs that was not his fault). That is why I don't understand the contempt coming his way on this board. He didn't WANT to be injured. Can we agree on at least THAT?

    Oh, and "acting like a dick"? Really? Look, I read and try to comprehend what other people post. I expect others to do the same when I post. Otherwise, the board becomes a bunch of ships passing in the night.
    Why would we overpay for the Center position, the one off. line position generally not paid in the highest tier? The consensus seems to be he can be replaced with little drop off. I don't know if that's true or not, but Munchak will give his opinion to the front office after the year is over and I'm sure they'll base their financial decisions off that.

    I love the big uglies, but I wouldn't be willing to overpay for him if he cripples the team in signing other areas of need. Especially when Velasco and Wallace should some promise in stepping in for him.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

  9. #29
    I think that Pouncey is overrated, but I also think that the degree to which he is overrated is vastly overstated on this board. He doesn't have the pure strength of some centers, but he has really amazing athleticism.

  10. #30
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,771
    overpay pouncey and then lose decastro, gilbert, beachum or adams later. then start all over again trying to build an oline around an in jury prone center with potential criminal ties
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •