Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey Price to Go Way Up

I'm in agreement with the majority sentiment in this thread. If Pouncey is looking for $8+ mill per year? Let some other team pay him.

Backup
    No way do the Steelers pay that kinda money for Pouncey.

If he's not worth it, it's because he's literally damaged goods. His two major injuries (2010 AFCC game and 2013 DeCastro folly) occurred through no fault of his own. Anyone in the league would have been taken out on those two plays. Has he regressed since his rookie year? Probably. Look into the details of the 2010 injury and see why. His ankle did not heal and he played all of 2011 repeatedly aggravating it. It wasn't until surgery after the 2011 season that the ankle began to improve. Of course, he "regressed" quite a bit more last year after DeCastro's blunder. I'm surprised he can even play this year, if he can.

So when I hear "he can't stay healthy" I smh.

Unless Munchak transforms him into the top center in the league, let him walk.

He will be a Miami Dolphin this time next year, probably with a fat 9M/year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    If he's not worth it, it's because he's literally damaged goods. His two major injuries (2010 AFCC game and 2013 DeCastro folly) occurred through no fault of his own. Anyone in the league would have been taken out on those two plays. Has he regressed since his rookie year? Probably. Look into the details of the 2010 injury and see why. His ankle did not heal and he played all of 2011 repeatedly aggravating it. It wasn't until surgery after the 2011 season that the ankle began to improve. Of course, he "regressed" quite a bit more last year after DeCastro's blunder. I'm surprised he can even play this year, if he can.

So when I hear "he can't stay healthy" I smh.
    The problem with O-Lineman in the NFL is they get reputations and they live off them.
    I loved Pouncey his rookie year but since then I have not seen him dominate. He is no Dermontti Dawson.
    I didn't see the Offense fall off last year after he went down. I saw it progressively get better as the year went on.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

I told you why he has not come back to the form of his rookie year. You admit you loved him then.

You've already indicated that you don't comprehend well, but I will repeat: he's had two severe injuries. One in the AFCC game at the end of his rookie year, which didn't heal and required surgery a year later, and the second last year when DeCastro cannonballed his legs. Did you expect him to dominate in 2011 while playing on an injured ankle? Did you expect him to dominate last year after his knee got blown out?

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I also think Pouncey has regressed every year he has been here. There is no way I would pay him close to what Mack just signed for. I'll hang with Wallace and Velasco.
    I agree 100%. His best year was his rookie season. Velasco being inserted into the lineup was the beginning of a strong turnover with the line.

I told you why he has not come back to the form of his rookie year. You admit you loved him then.

You've already indicated that you don't comprehend well, but I will repeat: he's had two severe injuries. One in the AFCC game at the end of his rookie year, which didn't heal and required surgery a year later, and the second last year when DeCastro cannonballed his legs. Did you expect him to dominate in 2011 while playing on an injured ankle? Did you expect him to dominate last year after his knee got blown out?
    1) don't come to our board and be a d!ck
    2) are you saying we should pay the guy based on past ability, even though current ability has been limited by injuries?

Starter
    Good call Rock...

I think you were building a strong argument Cole... could have done without the "Comprehension" part though.

Hall of Famer

I did expect him to "dominate" the year following his ankle. One would assume a full off-season to be enough to heal that properly. He didn't. But no matter. I also do expect him to come back and play very well this year. When I say very well, I expect him to be a better Velasco. And if he does, the question will be what he asks. I have a feeling he will demand the moon...

Also factoring in, is in the unlikely possibility that a guy like Jake Matthews falls into our lap, like Decastro a couple years ago.