Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if Jake Matthews falls to us?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What if Jake Matthews falls to us?

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-nfl-draft/2014/4/11/5604620/2014-nfl-draft-steelers-jake-matthews[/URL]

BPA?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Administrator

User Info Menu

You pick him... no questions asked.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    You pick him... no questions asked.
    Yup, just like the Decastro situation a couple years back. I have heard rumblings (e.g. I think Casserly said he preferred Lewan over Matthews, at around 10 if both were available). This would be a great problem to have.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I just hope that the teams that need a LT that draft before us are stupid enough to pass on Matthews. That would be great. You simply don't pass on a talent like that especially at the LT position.

Legend

User Info Menu

You run up to the podium grab the mic from Goodell and tell the world we have a franchise LT.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I really don't think we go offensive line even if Matthews falls.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    I really don't think we go offensive line even if Matthews falls.
    I'm a big fan of K. Beachum...but, I think if you can lock up the LT spot for the next 10 years...with a franchise type of player... you take him. Matthews is that guy IMO. Beachum is versatile, and will likely land in one of the other starting spots if he's bumped from LT...

A solid CB or two can be had in Rounds 2-5.

Even if Mike Evans is left on the board at 15...you have to take Matthews if he is there. WR is the same as CB..in that an immediate impact player can be had in 2-5.
    Last edited by Ernie; 04-12-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ehhh...not so sure. I think we take Evans in that scenerio.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ehhh...not so sure. I think we take Evans in that scenerio.
    Really? I think the Steelers would choose Matthews. Evans might fit the more immediate need but I see no way he would be rated higher than Matthews. Our LT situation is "fluid" and Matthews would lock up that position for the next 10+ years. You can't pass on that. The Steelers have done quite well drafting WRs. They could get a quality player to fill that need in the later rounds.... like another Matthews in Round 2 based on your mock draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Jake Matthews would fall to us, Art Rooney Sr would have cut a deal with God to allow a miracle to occur.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"