Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What if Jake Matthews falls to us?

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree that they have more pressing needs... BUT..lol

and Mike Adams still has a heck of a long ways to go before I start getting excited about him. Beachum is a better player than he and Gilbert.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Adams can do some damage run blocking. But, yes, Beachum is better all around than those two.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree. I hope Munchak can coach the kid up this year and teach him how to pass protect.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can't believe I'm falling for it again but I'm actually excited to see what Munchak can do with Adams.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

If Mathews falls to #15, The phone will will be ringing like crazy with trade offers.

In that event, we take the best trade offer and acquire more picks.

Another 3rd and late round pick would do wonders.
    I hope something like this happens for the Steelers because I also liked the direction the OL was pointing in the last two months of the season. And I feel Munchak can continue that movement.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    If Mathews falls to #15, The phone will will be ringing like crazy with trade offers.

In that event, we take the best trade offer and acquire more picks.

Another 3rd and late round pick would do wonders.
    I hope something like this happens for the Steelers because I also liked the direction the OL was pointing in the last two months of the season. And I feel Munchak can continue that movement.
    Hmm... another possible scenario that I could live with. Only problem is, I am hoping this is the last time in a long time that we have a chance of snagging a top 3 franchise LT with our rd 1 pick..

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ehhh...not so sure. I think we take Evans in that scenerio.

Not even close a ton of value at WR left but no LT even close can still get good WR in 2-6

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some positions are just harder to find top end talent and LT is one of them. Plus, primadonna WRs don't usually last more than a couple years in our system
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nah...who needs a franchise LT. You can probably grab one after the draft as an UDFA. Besides that, we spent first and second round picks before on the OL so we therefore don't need a franchise LT...

You run up to the podium to select him, and then you go over to each of the team tables who passed on him to thank them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Keep in mind that if he's there & we don't take him - he falls to the Ravens rights behind us & you face him for the next 4-8 years.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...