Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers ability to find CB, WR in draft could determine playoff fate

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades View Post
    We ARE in bigger trouble than you thought. Three studs in the first four rounds won't get us in the playoffs THIS year.
    We just have to remember to temper our expectations of the rookies. Last year the board was talking about how it was the best draft ever and everyone was going to be a stud. Same with the year we got Mendy and Sweed.

No matter who we take, they are a lottery ticket. Hopefully, we win more than we lose this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Should see some improvement from Cortez Allen, Jarvis Jones, Worilds & Heyward- plus Mitchell upgrades the FS spot. Improved NT play will improve the pocket dominance, making the other DE spot, both OLB spots and ILB look better. For mine, that NT spot is key. The Steelers will draft a CB, but he won't start this year. On Offense- much is made of the WR position. What did we lose? Sanders & Cotchery are middle-of-the-road WR's. Moore adequately replaces Cotchery. Wheaton looks a good route runner, and will likely get plenty of opportunity to become #2. Realistically, the 'upgrades' from last year are already on the roster. With improved RB's there might be more reliance on the running game anyway, taking away the 'need' for upgraded WR2 play.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Should see some improvement from Cortez Allen, Jarvis Jones, Worilds & Heyward- plus Mitchell upgrades the FS spot. Improved NT play will improve the pocket dominance, making the other DE spot, both OLB spots and ILB look better. For mine, that NT spot is key. The Steelers will draft a CB, but he won't start this year. On Offense- much is made of the WR position. What did we lose? Sanders & Cotchery are middle-of-the-road WR's. Moore adequately replaces Cotchery. Wheaton looks a good route runner, and will likely get plenty of opportunity to become #2. Realistically, the 'upgrades' from last year are already on the roster. With improved RB's there might be more reliance on the running game anyway, taking away the 'need' for upgraded WR2 play.
    IMO this is much more realistic than praying for 2-3 draft picks to come in and be "studs". If we're lucky, we'll get 1 rook who makes a solid contribution this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    I agree with you. I think a DB would see very limited play on special teams in certain packages. I don't think it will change a season. Anyone less than Watkins or Evans won't start this year either. Neither will mean much for this season. The X factor is Wheaton. The Steelers need him to step up and have a nice season. Also, for all those clamoring for immediate impact rookie...there are two who could make the field this season...and neither are popular picks. CJ Mosley and Nix. I believe Nix would be a day 1, possibly mid season starter. CJ Mosley would push for time right from the get go. I think Williams would win early on but Mosley would over take him sooner rather than later.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree with you. I think a DB would see very limited play on special teams in certain packages. I don't think it will change a season. Anyone less than Watkins or Evans won't start this year either. Neither will mean much for this season. The X factor is Wheaton. The Steelers need him to step up and have a nice season. Also, for all those clamoring for immediate impact rookie...there are two who could make the field this season...and neither are popular picks. CJ Mosley and Nix. I believe Nix would be a day 1, possibly mid season starter. CJ Mosley would push for time right from the get go. I think Williams would win early on but Mosley would over take him sooner rather than later.
    Nix is the one. I agree- drafting him puts him on the field very early. He then upgrades (in my opinion) the NT position, instantly improving the positions around him, including ILB (where I thought Williams did a pretty fair job considering the trash he had to work through at the LOS). For mine, NT is about the only 'immediate impact' position for a rookie draft pick. Just depends on what the Steelers think of McLendon's play last season (which in my opinion was poor for his role in this defense).
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

!st. CB- Dennard (Mich. St) and 3rd. WR- Matthews (Vanderbilt)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bowldog View Post
    !st. CB- Dennard (Mich. St) and 3rd. WR- Matthews (Vanderbilt)
    if you want Matthews you'll have to take him in the 2nd, he won't be there anymore when we pick at the end of the 3rd round...

Starter

User Info Menu

Steelers are looking good. Fortunately the draft is going to catapult us into the playoffs.
    This team has issues and they are many.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity