Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope the Steelers don't get stuck on a big WR-Jarvis Landry

Legend

User Info Menu

Hope the Steelers don't get stuck on a big WR-Jarvis Landry

Wow, is this guy a football player. He is being compared to Hines Ward but honestly this guy is a better receiver than Ward coming out of college. He catches everything thrown to him...plays like a big man...with big man ball skills even though he isn't a big guy. Physical, elite ball skills, uses every inch the good Lord gave him...color me impressed. If he is there in the third, how can the Steelers pass on a guy this good? I don't think they can.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like Beckham quite a bit more. LSU WRs have been massively disappointing the last few years....bowe and randle are 2 out of about 6 pretty high draft picks that have succeeded

Hes a lot like Cotchery imo

Legend

User Info Menu

Beckham is faster no doubt. But, even some scouts are saying he is a better pro prospect than Beckham. I'm not a fan of judging a talent by previous talent of the school. I'm not sure how relevant it is to be honest with you. This guy produced in the toughest conference in college.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, but you'd have to take Beckham in the first. Landry is much better value, particularly if you could land him right where we got Ward once upon a time...with 3rd round supplemental pick.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He kind of reminds me of Early Doucet, who drew some similar comparisons irrc.

Beckham is smoother, loses very little in and out of his cuts (like brown pretty much)

Starter

User Info Menu

Jarvis Landry Jones?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Jarvis Landry Jones?
    Landry Jones to Jarvis Landry...the Fedora Connection.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Landry Jones to Jarvis Landry...the Fedora Connection.
    With Jarvis Jones chasing down Landy Jones in Practice while throwing to Jarvis Landry

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like Jarvis Landry. But, he is no game changer. He can be a very good #2 receiver. He has good strength/bulk, but he doesn't fit the bill of a big (tall receiver). As many have said, he'd be a ward, cotchery type receiver.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    With Jarvis Jones chasing down Landy Jones in Practice while throwing to Jarvis Landry
    That play would definitely confuse the hell out of me.