Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice Suspension

Legend

User Info Menu

Ray Rice Suspension

Anyone know when Goodell is going to announce his suspension for actually being indicted for a crime? I'm sure an indicted football player deserves more of a penalty than an accused one.

Sorry, I was bored and couldn't resist.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

When the media tells him too.

Legend

User Info Menu

it was his wife/fiance so there probably won't be a suspension.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I find any penalty before due process has concluded something to be total BULL SH_T. Why is it the NFL can punish someone if no due process has been applied? What happened to "innocent until proven guilty?" I think Rice, with that OL, is not that much a threat as he once was. I am not rooting for him to get suspended unless a jury of his peers finds him guilty.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    it was his wife/fiance so there probably won't be a suspension.
    Please tell me you are not saying that his behavior is okay...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I find any penalty before due process has concluded something to be total BULL SH_T. Why is it the NFL can punish someone if no due process has been applied? What happened to "innocent until proven guilty?" I think Rice, with that OL, is not that much a threat as he once was. I am not rooting for him to get suspended unless a jury of his peers finds him guilty.
    innocent until proven guilty is in a court of law. In the NFL, the rules that are being punished are not the rules of law, no due process needed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    innocent until proven guilty is in a court of law. In the NFL, the rules that are being punished are not the rules of law, no due process needed.
    Of course, up in your neck of the woods, the penalty for what Rice did in that elevator would be five minutes for fighting.

We will have to wait and see if Rice has an in-person or a phone hearing with Brendan Shanah...err...Roger Goodell.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Regardless, if you punish someone for something they were not guilty of, that is wrong. We don't know if Rice hit her if she was just that drunk, do we? I have seen people completely passed out from drinking and look just like that.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Regardless, if you punish someone for something they were not guilty of, that is wrong. We don't know if Rice hit her if she was just that drunk, do we? I have seen people completely passed out from drinking and look just like that.
    Apparently he was only charged because they DO have video of his knockout punch BEFORE they entered the elevator.

Legend

User Info Menu

The "due process" for the NFL and the "due process...beyond a reasonable doubt" by the legal system are two different things. Let's not mix them up. If I am in the papers for allegedly hitting my wife, I guarantee you that my employer suspends me pending further investigation. And it's well within their right to do so because I represent their brand...their company. They must take a stance for numerous reasons and they have no obligation to allow me to work until the entire legal process has been satisfied.
    Trolls are people too.