Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice Suspension

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Please tell me you are not saying that his behavior is okay...
    Why would I need to tell you something I didn't type?

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The "due process" for the NFL and the "due process...beyond a reasonable doubt" by the legal system are two different things. Let's not mix them up. If I am in the papers for allegedly hitting my wife, I guarantee you that my employer suspends me pending further investigation. And it's well within their right to do so because I represent their brand...their company. They must take a stance for numerous reasons and they have no obligation to allow me to work until the entire legal process has been satisfied.
    And if your wife just lied and you never did anything wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Then hopefully the police realize there is no merit to the claims quickly.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The "due process" for the NFL and the "due process...beyond a reasonable doubt" by the legal system are two different things. Let's not mix them up. If I am in the papers for allegedly hitting my wife, I guarantee you that my employer suspends me pending further investigation. And it's well within their right to do so because I represent their brand...their company. They must take a stance for numerous reasons and they have no obligation to allow me to work until the entire legal process has been satisfied.
    Your job and an NFL players job are 2 different things...

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Why would I need to tell you something I didn't type?
    I just wanted you to clarify, because that post was unnerving...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I just wanted you to clarify, because that post was unnerving...
    Domestic violence IS unnerving...

I'm not shrugging off DV because I think he won't be suspended.. just pointing out the obvious. Ben has a sexual assault accusation and he gets suspended. JH slaps his baby mama and most on here still want him to come back for one more season (I do).

Why? Because people view domestic violence as a personal matter that should remain private. Most times the wife won't press charges and usually it's because of money, fear or the elephant in the room that no one wants to admit... (some women provoke men and think being hit is part of being loved).

People also seem to forget that some of these women are crazier than their football husbands.

I'm not defending DV.. a man should never hit a woman but let's be honest about domestic violence.. a lot of times its a 2 way street and both parties are guilty but the man is the one who should show restraint.

My point... when it's domestic usually it remains behind closed doors and gets resolved without a suspension in the NFL. Rice may get a slap on the wrist because the video means police don't need her cooperation but best believe if they did she wouldn't follow through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm not defending DV.. a man should never hit a woman but let's be honest about domestic violence.. a lot of times its a 2 way street and both parties are guilty but the man is the one who should show restraint.
    I know this is a common sentiment, but I'm not sure why. People shouldn't be popping each other outside the ring (or the octagon for those so inclined). The sex of the person shouldn't matter, IMO. What we don't seem to know right now is if Rice was an aggressor.

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Happens all the time and most end up doing time... Sad but true!

the other problem with DV and why he likely won't be found guilty:
    They often make up and all is forgiven... obviously, there are criminal and civil cases, but, often the abused spouse changes her tune by the time anyone sees a courtroom. Even if they haven't made up, when you're talking about locking up the rich bread-winner, it sounds less appealing to deal with not having those funds around. And let's be honest, she's with him for his money - he looks like Sam Cassell's little brother.
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

All of the above reasons are exactly why Rice should suffer a suspension...

Whether or not his spouse/fiance presses charges, he was caught on tape punching her unconscious...as it was with Ben, the NFL punishment should have noting to do with the legal process....