Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A way-too-early season prediction thread.

Legend

User Info Menu

with a very favorable schedule(especially on the road), i say 6-2 at home, 4-4 on the road. 10-6
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Sounds like most of us are on the same page. I'm going to say 8-8 to 10-6.. Not enough improvements on the defensive side of the football to be considered a top tier team. The offense should be noticeably better with the additions at RB and WR, and O-Line coach. Still on the "Outside looking in" as it relates to the playoffs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Right now, I'm hoping Tomlin doesn't manage to lose four straight season openers. The guy doesn't have his team together in the start of the seasons and it haunts us. Seldom do teams lose their first game and then go on to have a successful season. Maybe 9-7 at this point. Defense is suspect with an aging secondary. The offense could be a good unit. The defense, special teams are going to undermine this team the most. Will our offense light up the score boards and out score other teams....heck no. 8-8 the best we can do and to go 9-7 would to over achieve. Even if we made it to the Super Bowl, we would be embarrassed probably worse than the Broncos got slammed last season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Sounds like most of us are on the same page. I'm going to say 8-8 to 10-6.. Not enough improvements on the defensive side of the football to be considered a top tier team. The offense should be noticeably better with the additions at RB and WR, and O-Line coach. Still on the "Outside looking in" as it relates to the playoffs.
    I'm right with ya. I think with the current variables I would say we are playoff brink kinda team. Now this could change if we draft a special rookie who really performs, one or more of FAs are a steal. Could also vary if Munchak somehow gets our OL to gel. People blow off Wheaton but what if he blows up?

The biggest variable in my mind is the OL. Can you imagine how well Bell and Blount would run behind a good OL? If they have to creep a safety near the LOS? Ben will have a field day if we have a WR who can get some deep separation.
    Trolls are people too.