Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A way-too-early season prediction thread.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A way-too-early season prediction thread.

Why even bother predicting season won-loss results before the draft even goes down? IDK. But it's fun.

Home:

Baltimore - W. They were really no better than us last season. I feel we have already made more improvements to our team that they have. Flucco has been exposed as a so-so QB who got hot/lucky in 2012; it was the perfect storm for a Super Bowl run. Ray Rice has suddenly lost a step. OL not good. No Boldin to move the chains. D just OK.

Cincinnati - W. The 3rd consecutive one and done play off loss may be too much a hang over. Instead of being motivated, I have a feeling they will just be done. How good is Dalton? I think he is just OK, and prone to major break downs. We beat them at home last season. They also lost their DC, who did a good job.

Cleveland - W. I have no idea what the Browns will look like in 2014; don't know who QB will be, but I am guessing it will still be Hoyer, as a rookie won't be better coming in, unless possibly it's Johnny Football. That dude is the X factor, so if he is a Brown, who knows. I think he could win 8 games just being his crazy self. Gordon is a monster at WR, they will have a better RB unit, no matter who they add. But we don't lose to them at home, regardless.

Houston - W. See above. No idea who QB will be. They sure fell apart quickly, from a contender to the worst team in the league. Rookie head coach. We win.

Indianapolis - W. Luck could force a win, but outdoors, possibly bad weather. We ride.

New Orleans - W. Saints outdoors. Lost a lot of weapons, Sproles, etc.

Tampa Bay - W. No idea if they have the talent to be good in one year removed from that mess. When does TB win in Pgh?

Kansas City - L. I am assuming KC will be more like the team that went 8-0 than the one that struggled down the stretch, including one and done play offs. But, I am thinking we lose one home game, and this could be it, with Andy Reid doing a good job. KC has been giving us fits lately, even when they suck. Jamaal Charles is the truth.

Away.

Baltimore - L. Just because it's there. We rarely sweep them.

Cincinnati - W. Payback for last few years.

Cleveland - W. Won't have made enough progress to be very good yet.

Jacksonville - W. Maybe improved over last year. But who will QB be?

Tennessee - L. Maybe one of those losses to bad teams Tomlin seems to always have.

Atlanta - L. Not that I think the Falcons will be that good, but in their dome, they steal one.

Carolina - L. This team is solid, even though their WR unit is a total joke as of now. Poor Cam. I feel their D will jack us up and we only put up like 13 points to their 17.

NY Jets - W. Will Geno advance that much in 2014, or will he prove to just not be very good? Lacking weapons, in a big way. May add Chris Johnson, but so what?

11-5? I do believe it could happen, with a little luck on the injury front and if they keep doing what was working on O, instead of going back to traditional play calling with huddling up. They were humming pretty good on O coming down the stretch. Please, dear God, don't let their egos getting in the way of what works.

Starter

User Info Menu

It's been 10 years since the Steelers went 15-1 so to celebrate the 10 year anniversary I'll predict a repeat for 2014.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have us down for another 8-8 season. I think we split the division...but if we can do better than that or steal one or two there is playoff chance.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I won't get into predicting individual games, but I predict that we go 4-2 in our division, 3-1 against the AFC South, 2-2 against the NFC South, and 1-1 against the remaining teams from AFC East/West. That's 10-6.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Beating Flippy to the punchline 19-0 baby and number 7 in the trophy case!

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hey wait a second, ive predicted a Super Bowl victory every year since 1975. and my nickname was Flip back then....
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Backup

User Info Menu

We are at 8-7. A win and we are in the playoffs. Our FG Kicker Suisham gets hurt on game #15. We grab Ryan Succop on the waiver wire.
    He misses a game winning FG with 3 seconds left that would of put us into the Playoffs. Instead we finish 8-8.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

10-6 sounds about right....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just skimming through it, it looked like 8-8 to me. Maybe 10-6, if Tomlin can get team ready for opening day, and not have early season woes it seems like we have a lot. I don't think he can, so 8-8.

Rookie

User Info Menu

After the last two seasons, I'm in the pessimist camp. I'll predict 9-7 at best and maybe a wild card spot (as before our destiny will be in others' hands). If I'm wrong and they dominate this year its a bonus for me.