Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Rooneys too greedy?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Are the Rooneys too greedy?

Now the Rooneys are raising ticket prices again, after two awful 8-8 seasons.

Oh, but keep your eye on the shell game: Art 2 said they are lowering prices on pre-season games, so should we feel happy?

Well, do the math. Lower prices on 2 games, increase the prices on 8 games, and what do you end up with?

Not fooling me, Rooneys.

Also, did you know we have to pay among he highest beer prices per once in the country?

That's BS. Why do the Rooneys have to squeeze their fans so badly? When is enough enough?

That is abusive to the common man.

Trust me: We are going to begin to see empty seats. It's coming.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

find another team

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    find another team
    really?.....
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    find another team
    Make me. Try it.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's an average increase of 3.5%, so it's not as if tickets are suddenly doubling in price. If you could afford $100 seats before, you likely will be able to afford $103.50 seats now. If you could afford $200 seats before, you can likely afford $207 seats now. They've been the same price for last two seasons, so I'm not shocked by slight market-correction uptick in my season ticket prices. I'm also quite glad for the variable pricing adjustment, possibly making it easier for me to re-sell preseason game tix if I am not able to go.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Art II is all about the money. Times are changing boys.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Now the Rooneys are raising ticket prices again, after two awful 8-8 seasons.

Oh, but keep your eye on the shell game: Art 2 said they are lowering prices on pre-season games, so should we feel happy?

Well, do the math. Lower prices on 2 games, increase the prices on 8 games, and what do you end up with?

Not fooling me, Rooneys.

Also, did you know we have to pay among he highest beer prices per once in the country?

That's BS. Why do the Rooneys have to squeeze their fans so badly? When is enough enough?

That is abusive to the common man.

Trust me: We are going to begin to see empty seats. It's coming.
    Find a cheaper product then, like Pitt Panther tickets for example.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Being a person of "limited cash flow" I can understand the issues. But know one said the product would be cheap only that it's worth it!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quit ya whining
    You sound like a little girl.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Find a cheaper product then, like Pitt Panther tickets for example.
    I don't live any where near the area, so it doesn't impact me. And the last 5-6 games I did attend I had free luxury box seats, so, again, it doesn't impact me. That being said, I am sick of the middle class being abused and gutted. Sure, it only went up 3.5% you can say, but add in how much parking and beer costs, and Rooneys are being too greedy. What's a beer cost now? 10 bucks? Highway robbery. Just wait until more empty seats start showing up. Families can't afford to attend games. Most are realizing watching the game on a 60" HD TV makes more sense all the way around.