Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Are the Rooneys too greedy?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    And then there is this crime.

[URL]http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/nfl-teams-most-expensive-beer/[/URL]
    Simple solution...don't drink beer. Never understood why some think a buzz or getting drunk enhances the NFL experience.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

This stupid hick from Texas must have got up 10 times for beer during SB XXX.

Finally in the 4th quarter I told him, you get up again? You come in from the other side.

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually, everyone blows mess on the Jags for those tarps. But I bet you didn't realize their actual attendance #s are higher than ours. The Rooneys always push the whole "20 year waiting list" on tickets thing, so every one assumes we have high attendance #s, but the truth is quite a difference story. The waiting list thing is artificially created.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct[/URL]
    Holy cow!! Only Oakland and St Louis have lower avg attendance than the Steelers. Wonder why they never talk about moving the Steelers to LA. With attendance like the Steelers have, does the NFL really need a team in Pittsburgh? (Asking from the non fan side of my brain)

Legend

User Info Menu

And then there is this crime.

[URL]http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/nfl-teams-most-expensive-beer/[/URL]
    It's like movie popcorn. They could raise ticket prices higher so they can lower beer/popcorn prices. It's not like you can't bring your own beer before the game. People that pay $10/beer deserve to pay $10/beer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Holy cow!! Only Oakland and St Louis have lower avg attendance than the Steelers. Wonder why they never talk about moving the Steelers to LA. With attendance like the Steelers have, does the NFL really need a team in Pittsburgh? (Asking from the non fan side of my brain)
    Pittsburgh is a smal market team in a cold climate...

They will never move.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Pittsburgh is a smal market team in a cold climate...

They will never move.
    Still. Not quite what you would expect, is it? One of the smallest attendances in the NFL. Everyone goes on and on about 20 year waiting list. I hate half truths. I got season tickets and gave them up. Big deal. I can go to any game I wish. The fakeness about ticket scarcity is really going to get exposed soon.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Still. Not quite what you would expect, is it? One of the smallest attendances in the NFL. Everyone goes on and on about 20 year waiting list. I hate half truths. I got season tickets and gave them up. Big deal. I can go to any game I wish. The fakeness about ticket scarcity is really going to get exposed soon.
    There is a HUGE difference between "ticket scarcity" and "season ticket scarcity"...

Anyone can go to any game they want to, provided they are willing to pay...

Not everyone can get season tickets and PSLs...

Legend

User Info Menu

Because season ticket holders are willing to sell some games because they want to recoup the cost of the season tickets or just don't want to go to every game doesn't make the scarcity of season tickets any less true. Like I said, call up and get on the list for season tickets and tell me when you get them. I really don't get your "fakeness" argument.

The ability to get tickets for a specific game and season tickets is an apples and oranges argument. Because you can get tickets to an individual games doesn't mean there is less demand for season tickets which is where the real control over games exists based on what games the owners are willing to sell. I dare say you can get a game ticket to any game, in any professional sport there is but that is completely different for season tickets.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Because season ticket holders are willing to sell some games because they want to recoup the cost of the season tickets or just don't want to go to every game doesn't make the scarcity of season tickets any less true. Like I said, call up and get on the list for season tickets and tell me when you get them. I really don't get your "fakeness" argument.

The ability to get tickets for a specific game and season tickets is an apples and oranges argument. Because you can get tickets to an individual games doesn't mean there is less demand for season tickets which is where the real control over games exists based on what games the owners are willing to sell. I dare say you can get a game ticket to any game, in any professional sport there is but that is completely different for season tickets.

The reason season tickets are scarce is because so many skalpers buy them, too. I usually don't pay much more than face value and sometimes I actually pay less. Any season they don't look play off bound, they practically give them away. I bet you could get free tickets last year. If you really had to wait 20 years to get season tickets, how did I get mine whenever I wanted them?

Rookie

User Info Menu

The reason season tickets are scarce is because so many skalpers buy them, too. I usually don't pay much more than face value and sometimes I actually pay less. Any season they don't look play off bound, they practically give them away. I bet you could get free tickets last year. If you really had to wait 20 years to get season tickets, how did I get mine whenever I wanted them?
    Because you didn't get season tickets...

Why is this so difficult?