Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Rooneys too greedy?

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    No, it isn't...

Jacksonville may have higher attendance, but also has more empty seats than Pittsburgh...

EverBank Field has a seating capacity of 76,867...

Heinz Field has a seating capacity of 65,050...

Also, if you look back at the numbers in previous years, the Steelers exceed the Jaguars attendance regardless of seating capacity...
    They have that high capacity due to the FL-GA game, and to attract a Super Bowl, which they did. Jax has the smallest population of almost any NFL city, sans Green Bay maybe. FACTs are hard to dispute. FACT: Jax had a higher attendance than did Pgh last year. FACT. Also, imagine if the Steelers had a team as bad as the Jags. How do you think attendance would rank at that point? We were 28th as it was and had an 8-8 team. Steeler fans need to get their heads out of the clouds. Be careful what you pooh pooh. You point the dirty end of the stick at Jax for having tarps on seats, but in reality they had more fans show up than Pgh did. FACT. Dance however you choose, but it is a FACT Jax had more fans show than Pgh did. FACT. That is far more factual than John Kerry's speech of lies.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Get rid of the drunks and watch the actual butts in seats go up. You can't take a family to a game anymore.

J-ville also doesn't deal with the weather Pittsburgh has in November-January. I have a friend who has season tickets and he sells most of his to fans from other teams and said many of his friends do too. They only keep their tickets in case they ever get good again because the Jags are all that J-ville has for sports.
    Pgh also doesn't have Jax Sept. to deal with, when the heat can be unbearable. Tit for tat. 5 of us went to a game in Sept. and 3 out of 5 of us ended up sick from the sun and heat. (I went in doors most of 2nd half so I was fine.) And although Jville doesn't have another major pro sports team, they not only have other sports like baseball, hoops, arena ball, but there is so much more to do in the beautiful north east FL with sunny weather year round, the beach, huge parks, etc. In Pgh, most activity dies from Nov-March. They also have powerhouse college ball with U of FL and FSU. Quite a bit more powerful than PITT sports.

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    They have that high capacity due to the FL-GA game, and to attract a Super Bowl, which they did. Jax has the smallest population of almost any NFL city, sans Green Bay maybe. FACTs are hard to dispute. FACT: Jax had a higher attendance than did Pgh last year. FACT. Also, imagine if the Steelers had a team as bad as the Jags. How do you think attendance would rank at that point? We were 28th as it was and had an 8-8 team. Steeler fans need to get their heads out of the clouds. Be careful what you pooh pooh. You point the dirty end of the stick at Jax for having tarps on seats, but in reality they had more fans show up than Pgh did. FACT. Dance however you choose, but it is a FACT Jax had more fans show than Pgh did. FACT. That is far more factual than John Kerry's speech of lies.
    I think you need to get your FACTS right. As stated earlier there is a difference between "tickets sold" (how JAX calculates attendance) and "butts in seats" (how PGH calculates attendance). You are not comparing apples to apples.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

FACT: Jax had a higher attendance than did Pgh last year.
    No one disputed that...

FACT: Jacksonville also had more empty seats than did Pgh last year..

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I have to disagree with what you are saying about attendance. The Steelers and I believe 1 other team in the league actually counts the people that come into the stadium and that is the announced attendance. All the other teams use the "tickets sold" as their announced attendance. I used to hang out at the Bungles site and we often argued about that until someone found an article published that explained that the league did not have a standard way of calculating attendance so each team did it it's own way.
    Are you saying you know how the Jags count attendance and they count tickets sold but not butts in the seats? Do you honestly think Pgh average an actual ATTENDANCE (seats filled) of 57,000+ last year. Using my eyes, I can tell you that that figure is bull sh-t. No way did Pgh average 57,000. I saw WAY more empty seats than that.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

I can't believe how many Steeler fans fall for the "20 year waiting list" BS. That is artificially created. I can get a ticket to any game I want, and usually pay around face value. Rooneys are liars.

Legend
    I can't believe how many Steeler fans fall for the "20 year waiting list" BS. That is artificially created. I can get a ticket to any game I want, and usually pay around face value. Rooneys are liars.
    I doubt you can get a season ticket. I know perople who have been trying for years. Single game tickets, of course you can because selling a couple games a year is how many season ticket holders offset the cost of the season ticket. Just cause you can go on stub hub doesn't mesan there isn't a 20 year waiting list
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Are you saying you know how the Jags count attendance and they count tickets sold but not butts in the seats? Do you honestly think Pgh average an actual ATTENDANCE (seats filled) of 57,000+ last year. Using my eyes, I can tell you that that figure is bull sh-t. No way did Pgh average 57,000. I saw WAY more empty seats than that.

Sure thing...

Holy tinfoil hat!!

Actually, you are a buffoon. The waiting list for season tickets is quite real. Tickets purchased in the secondary market are a different story.

This topic is stupid. Pittsburgh has the 4th smallest population (306,000) in the NFL. Those with less people are Green Bay (106,000) Buffalo (259,000) and Cincy (295,000). When the Steelers are at capacity, that is 21% of Pittsburgh attending. (Yes, I KNOW, people travel to Pitt from all over, but still....)

Plus, The Rooney's spend every cent of their allowed salary cap each year and would spend more if they could. I'm sure they have deceptive ways of making money, but it is a business.......oh, forget it!

Pgh also doesn't have Jax Sept. to deal with, when the heat can be unbearable. Tit for tat. 5 of us went to a game in Sept. and 3 out of 5 of us ended up sick from the sun and heat. (I went in doors most of 2nd half so I was fine.) And although Jville doesn't have another major pro sports team, they not only have other sports like baseball, hoops, arena ball, but there is so much more to do in the beautiful north east FL with sunny weather year round, the beach, huge parks, etc. In Pgh, most activity dies from Nov-March. They also have powerhouse college ball with U of FL and FSU. Quite a bit more powerful than PITT sports.
    this post is hilarious on many different levels