Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Rooneys too greedy?

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Trust me: We are going to begin to see empty seats. It's coming.
    Begin seeing empty seats? Last season, I saw LOTS of empty seats.

Pro Bowler
    i love the lemming responses to everything steeler organization related. 'if you dont like it, root for another team'.
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachCuck View Post
    Art II is all about the money. Times are changing boys.
    The level of greed has just increased. The upper 1% are just kicking the guts out of the common man. It's gone way too far.

I don't live any where near the area, so it doesn't impact me. And the last 5-6 games I did attend I had free luxury box seats, so, again, it doesn't impact me. That being said, I am sick of the middle class being abused and gutted. Sure, it only went up 3.5% you can say, but add in how much parking and beer costs, and Rooneys are being too greedy. What's a beer cost now? 10 bucks? Highway robbery. Just wait until more empty seats start showing up. Families can't afford to attend games. Most are realizing watching the game on a 60" HD TV makes more sense all the way around.
    I don't think this has anything to do with the Rooneys ... it has to do with all the owners. I think they already have priced themselves above what families can afford. Of course I wouldn't take young kids to a game anyway with the behavior of many fans.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Yep they are greedy they already have 6 Super Bowl trophy's. Yet the still want more.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I don't think this has anything to do with the Rooneys ... it has to do with all the owners. I think they already have priced themselves above what families can afford. Of course I wouldn't take young kids to a game anyway with the behavior of many fans.
    Those are some good points. I think it's waste to take kids to something so expensive where they don't even appreciate the game (with the younger ones). I wouldn't take kids until they were at least 12.

Legend
    I don't live any where near the area, so it doesn't impact me. And the last 5-6 games I did attend I had free luxury box seats, so, again, it doesn't impact me. That being said, I am sick of the middle class being abused and gutted. Sure, it only went up 3.5% you can say, but add in how much parking and beer costs, and Rooneys are being too greedy. What's a beer cost now? 10 bucks? Highway robbery. Just wait until more empty seats start showing up. Families can't afford to attend games. Most are realizing watching the game on a 60" HD TV makes more sense all the way around.
    Probably the main reason prices are being raised...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i love the lemming responses to everything steeler organization related. 'if you dont like it, root for another team'.
    well... in this case it should be "root for another sport" because damn near every other team is also raising prices.

The reason I think YOU hear it so much is because you rarely sound like watching or talking about the Steelers is fun. Most wonder why you torture yourself so much by watching this filth

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    well... in this case it should be "root for another sport" because damn near every other team is also raising prices.

The reason I think YOU hear it so much is because you rarely sound like watching or talking about the Steelers is fun. Most wonder why you torture yourself so much by watching this filth

i enjoy taking the other side. the one where independent thought is used.
    you do know that you can be knowledgeable and still have fun and about a subject, don't you?
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Begin seeing empty seats? Last season, I saw LOTS of empty seats.
    Well, with an 0-4 and 2-6 start, it is even more likely to happen. But even if we have a more optimistic season, economics are gong to dictate the needed sacrifices are just not worth it any longer.

i enjoy taking the other side. the one where independent thought is used.
    you do know that you can be knowledgeable and still have fun and about a subject, don't you?
    I know you weren't talking to me, but yes, I do realize that.