Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Odds on our first rnd pick...

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Don't forget the name Ryan Shazier. I think he could be the surprise choice at #15.
    I have Shazier as a late 1st. I think his high would be sneaking into the Top 25 which could happen with his workouts. Would fine with him in a trade down scenario.

Hall of Famer
    I am not as convinced as many are that the Steelers will draft a WR in the 1st, even if the 'big' names are still there.

I know it's a passing league, but it seems with the LeBlount signing the Steelers could put together a very good power run game. Keep in mind the kind of offense they showed the 2nd half of the season, quick throws to the open guy. You don't necessarily need a 1st rd kind of guy for that, only a guy that can separate quickly off the line.

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I have Shazier as a late 1st. I think his high would be sneaking into the Top 25 which could happen with his workouts. Would fine with him in a trade down scenario.
    Another guy who has really moved up the board is Dee Ford of Auburn. What do you think of his chances of being chosen as a OLB? If they don't sign Worilds long term, Ford redshirts a year before starting opposite Jones in year 2.

Hall of Famer
    Personally, I think #15 is way too early for Ford. He does appear to have the "ability" to play OLB. He had a very good Senior Bowl. Saying that...Watching him in college...He may be more of a "one trick poney". Now...That tag sometimes is drawn because of his position (4-3 DE)...But you have to wonder what he is capable with his hand off the ground. He certainly appears to have the athleticism. That will be a developmental issue that can be improved on at the next level.

If I was going to select him in the mid to late 1st...I would have to be 110% confident that his back issue is a "non issue". That is my biggest concern with Ford. His lower back is going to absorb tremendous strain rushing the passer against OL 6"5"+. If he has any limitations...He will loose his leverage battles & that could be trouble.

Pro Bowler
    Would hate ford at 15, but I would absolutely lust over Anthony Barr

UPDATED 4-9-14 I have updated my draft guys and the percentages of the Steelers taking them at 15.

D. Dennard CB M. State 16% down 4%
    *J. Gilbert CB OK ST. 14% Up 3% -- I think if one of these 2 CB's are there we take them.
    L. Nix DT N. Dame 12% +3% -- I have seen various reports on him. I don't see how we pass on Hampton 2.0 if the corners are gone. You?
    M. Lee WR USC 11% -4% -- I think we have a man crush on him but 15 may be to early. Jets may trade up with us to get him.
    CJ Mosely ILB ALA 11% +4% -- He has softened on me. Most board members pushed him up the boards along with Path to the Draft.
    E. Ebron TE N.Carolina 10% -8% -- We usually don't draft in a position of strength but Heath is getting older and we do run the 2 TE a lot.
    *M. Evans WR T A & M 9% +1% -- He may be there at 15 and surprise because of the WR depth.
    *T. Lewan OT Michigan 5% New to board -- Dont' think he will be there.
    *A. Barr OLB UCLA 4% New to board -- Don't think he will be there.

K. Fuller CB VA TECH 2% Same
    A. Donald DE PITT 2% New to board -- Can he play DE in a 3-4
    J. Verrett CB OR ST. 2% -3%

K. Ealy DE Missouri 1% Same
    K. Benjamin WR FL ST. 1% New to board
    B Cooks WR OR ST OFF Board WR Depth to deep to take him there.

In short I decided to add Benjamin, Barr and Lewan. None of whom I believe will not be there at 15 except Benjamin who we won't draft.
    The biggest decrease was Ebron and the biggest increase was CJ Mosely, Nix and Gilbert. B Cooks was taken off board.
    Last edited by legend of polamalu; 04-09-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Pro Bowler
    I dont think Nix is even on the radar at 15

If you are considering Mosely I think you have to add Shazier in there

Only reason I believe Shazier might be there is because of Tomlin. He is indeed a Tomlin type of player but so is Mosley...and Mosley is clearly more polished.

Pro Bowler
    The interest that they showed in Mychal Kendricks makes me think they will really like Shazier.

Also, they draft buckeyes like there is a quota to fill

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I dont think Nix is even on the radar at 15

If you are considering Mosely I think you have to add Shazier in there
    Why wouldn't Nix be on our radar? Nix in past drafts would be a top 7-8 pick without all this depth. McClendon could move to the DE spot if we draft Nix. I haven't seen much of him but many experts rave on this kid.

Also, I am a buckeye fan. I saw every Buckeye game last season. Shazier is good but not #15 good.