Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Odds on our first rnd pick...

Apparently, the decision has already been made.

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Be...-in-Round-One/

Pro Bowler
    Thats a BS article....no **** they like dennard, but he very well might not be there. It also talks about him like hes a day one starter....no CB is going to be a day one starter

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I just don't see it. While DB and WR might be bigger needs I can't think of an ILB I am happy filling that position. Benjamin is reported to have poor motivation, having his QB have to give him the ole finger wag in order to get him moving. That doesn't scream 15 to me. If they were bent on WR, they would roll with Lee. But, I don't think they are bent on WR in the first. In fact, I think they know it won't be WR in the first, unless Evans or Watkins miraculously fall. I'm not even sure I can convince myself of Ebron considering the Steelers like TEs that can block. So, I must stand pat and say it's likely Dennard, Gilbert or Mosley...with Barr as a remote possibility as well.
    I would be happy with those guys, for sure... and I know a Bama fan who thinks Mosely is an amazing talent, better than any recent LB they've had, a great leader and actually underappreciated on that Alabama defense... So, I'm all in on that selection...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    if barr is there, you have to take him, IMO

let woirlds play out the tender and roll with jones/barr in 2015

you would have those guys cheap for 3-4 years
    That's one way of looking at it. I don't care to groom guys during their first contract, then let them go right as they are hitting their peak. It's a gamble either way you look at it.

Pro Bowler
    Barr should be a slam dunk pick if hes there. He has the explosion, ability to bend, length, and speed that jarvis doesnt. Jarvis can set the edge and be a terror in pursuit, but will never be able to explode like a Von Miller or aldon smith like Barr would be

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I would be happy with those guys, for sure... and I know a Bama fan who thinks Mosely is an amazing talent, better than any recent LB they've had, a great leader and actually underappreciated on that Alabama defense... So, I'm all in on that selection...
    I was thinking if Evans and both Corners are gone (Gilbert and Dennard) then I wouldn't mind Mosely. The problem I see with picking Mosely is we will have 3 1st rounders in our starting linebacking corp. Salary wise I think that will come back and bite us in the arse.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I see almost no way the Steelers draft Benjamin. He is considered around the 5th best WR in the draft...the Steelers don't reach in the first.
    I don't like him at 1.15, but if Dennard, Gilbert and Evans are off the board it wouldn't shock me.

Personally, I see Benjamin as a late first rounder.

Hall of Famer
    I have zero interest in Mosley at 15. The rule of thumb is that an ILB has to be very special to pick before the bottom third of the first. I think Mosley is a very good ILB, but not special like keuchley.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Reading scouting reports on Mosley make him out to be an amazing talent.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I don't like him at 1.15, but if Dennard, Gilbert and Evans are off the board it wouldn't shock me.

Personally, I see Benjamin as a late first rounder.
    It would baffle me. It goes against two grains of logic...first the always draft BPA in the first...and second they would be ignoring the fact that they can get an equal talent in the second...shoot I would much rather have Devonte Adams.