Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Odds on our first rnd pick...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    [URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1785843/kyle-fuller[/URL]

Steelers will draft Kyle Fuller at #15. Can play man and zone equally well. Versatile CB who fits what Steelers do.

I like Fuller. But not at # 15 If that happens I have to say I will be upset. I would want Fuller, and maybe someone like Ohio State's Roby, but only in a trade down. I think we need a lot of Depth. And I feel the team needs to acquire more draft picks down lower. I have several scenarios. But I hope maybe Houston goes Clowney with the 1st pick, and that maybe a QB last to us at 15 that Hoston would desperately want. I can see us getting thie picks at 33, 65, 101, 177 ( Round 6 )...and a 2015 4th rounder just for them to move up to our spot at 15. Then, at 33, I think one of " Fuller " or " Roby " will be there. Then at 46 we can HOPE that Jordan Matthews is still around. Then we could add that Depth we would need with all those additional picks.

I can tell you, I would be better with a DB like Fuller or Roby at 33, and those extra picks then I would with staying at 15, and taking Dennard, or Gilbert..( Who I feel is vastly Overrated anyways )..But that's just me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    I like Fuller. But not at # 15 If that happens I have to say I will be upset. I would want Fuller, and maybe someone like Ohio State's Roby, but only in a trade down. I think we need a lot of Depth. And I feel the team needs to acquire more draft picks down lower. I have several scenarios. But I hope maybe Houston goes Clowney with the 1st pick, and that maybe a QB last to us at 15 that Hoston would desperately want. I can see us getting thie picks at 33, 65, 101, 177 ( Round 6 )...and a 2015 4th rounder just for them to move up to our spot at 15. Then, at 33, I think one of " Fuller " or " Roby " will be there. Then at 46 we can HOPE that Jordan Matthews is still around. Then we could add that Depth we would need with all those additional picks.

I can tell you, I would be better with a DB like Fuller or Roby at 33, and those extra picks then I would with staying at 15, and taking Dennard, or Gilbert..( Who I feel is vastly Overrated anyways )..But that's just me.
    No to Roby in the first but I'm ok with Fuller at 15. He is worthy of a 15.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    No to Roby in the first but I'm ok with Fuller at 15. He is worthy of a 15.

Why so down on Roby ? He is a better Athlete then Fuller. Bigger and a better tackler. I know he had that one DUI...But he has been very sorry for it, and he doesn't have a bad history. And he seemed to be one of the true play makers for that very good OS defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why so down on Roby ? He is a better Athlete then Fuller. Bigger and a better tackler. I know he had that one DUI...But he has been very sorry for it, and he doesn't have a bad history. And he seemed to be one of the true play makers for that very good OS defense.
    Lots of good reasons...being a tOSU fan I seen his whole career. He fell off significantly in 2013, and if Abberderis had a decent QB he burns him not for 200 yards and a TD but 300 yards and 2 TDS easy. As good as Abberderis will be...and I believe he will be a really good NFL WR...he is still a third round prospect. Roby has off the field issues, and he is a project. Yes the guy is crazy fast, and does have skills but too much baggage...too many technical problems to be considered at 15. I don't see it happening.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

My College team Is OSU. I saw every game last year. He made plays but had a bad year last season. Missed tackles a lot and seemed to have a lot of mental mistakes. He looked bad in at least 4 games. Take what you want from that but he is talented. There is no way you should spend a top 15, let alone top 30 pick on this guy.
    With that said I do believe he has a chance to be a solid corner in the NFL but it is determined on his work ethic and him staying out of trouble,

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    [URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1785843/kyle-fuller[/URL]

Steelers will draft Kyle Fuller at #15. Can play man and zone equally well. Versatile CB who fits what Steelers do.
    I think this is very possible. Maylock currently has Fuller as his #1 DB and I think with good reason.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think this is very possible. Maylock currently has Fuller as his #1 DB and I think with good reason.
    Hes super versatile and has an NFL pedigree. Won't be too big for him. If he's there I don't think the Steelers pass on him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Darqueze Dennard or Kyle Fuller...

Backup

User Info Menu

Guys, I understand your reasoning for a CB. But, since we are set at that spot...for at least this year with Taylor, Gay and Cortez Allen....do you really think the Steelers are gonna take a CB, and at pick 15 when there is no open spot for him to start ?

Sorry my friends but I don't see it. No, I still think some sort of trade down will happen that can address two Major needs. One being the D-Line. I mean both Hood and Woods are gone. And who knows if " The Beard " will be back. No, I think we only stay at 15 if some how the Steelers 1st WR option, Mike Evans drops. If not, then we will look to trade down. Either with San Fran, Houston, and yes, even the Browns. And then we will add the best D-Linemen and WR in those first two picks.

Backup

User Info Menu

Guys, I understand your reasoning for a CB. But, since we are set at that spot...for at least this year with Taylor, Gay and Cortez Allen....do you really think the Steelers are gonna take a CB, and at pick 15 when there is no open spot for him to start ?

Sorry my friends but I don't see it. No, I still think some sort of trade down will happen that can address two Major needs. One being the D-Line. I mean both Hood and Woods are gone. And who knows if " The Beard " will be back. No, I think we only stay at 15 if some how the Steelers 1st WR option, Mike Evans drops. If not, then we will look to trade down. Either with San Fran, Houston, and yes, even the Browns. And then we will add the best D-Linemen and WR in those first two picks.
    NO rookie is going to just come in and start this year. I hope to hell they don't draft like that. The Steelers try to fill all their spots before the draft so they can get the best players in the draft. Drafting a DL because you need one is a horrible draft strategy.