Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Udfa

Backup

User Info Menu

Udfa

Looking at last years UDFA's it seems we didn't hit on much. B Arnfelt is the only player on our team. Maybe he can provide depth on the DL. I like what the article says on him. Am I missing someone? I know Reggie Dunn opened some eyes only to get cut a few weeks into camp.

Who are the top 3 UDFA that we have had on the Steelers? When were they signed (year)?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just off the top of my head....

Kevin Greene - had prolific career in Pgh. He and Lloyd playing OLB was one of our best combos.

James Farrior - was team capt. and voted MVP a few times.

Jeff Hartings - we always seem to forget him. Very good center.

Ryan Clark - I didn't think much of him coming in but he became a very solid FS for us.

Kimo Von Oelhoffen - Solid contributor at DE

JL Williams - towards the end of his career but still gave us some good play.

Ray Seals - only played two years but he was good while he was here.
    --------------
    Sorry, all that for nothing. I was thinking you asked about Unrestricted Free agents, not UDFA, my mistake.
    Last edited by sick beats; 04-04-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Fast Willie Parker!

James Harrison
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

1. Fast Willie 2004, 2. James Harrison 2002, 3a. Chris Hoke 2001, 3b. Dan Krieder 2000
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

Nik Embernate was running 2nd team guard before he got hurt last year. If I remember correctly he signed a fairly large contract for an UDFA and they were pretty high on him. Terence Garvin also was an UDFA.
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    Nik Embernate was running 2nd team guard before he got hurt last year. If I remember correctly he signed a fairly large contract for an UDFA and they were pretty high on him. Terence Garvin also was an UDFA.
    So I guess 3 guys made it to the roster if you count Nik Embernate....I don't see him on the roster any longer though.
    Garvin had 11 Tackles in limited role...Arnfelt played in 2 games and I don't remember when Nik got hurt.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Carlton Haselrig was drafted in the 12th round. Technically that's an UDFA these days
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Carlton Haselrig was drafted in the 12th round. Technically that's an UDFA these days
    Don't forget old school then, Andy Russell and Rocky Bleier, 14th and 16th rounds respectively, UDFA by today's standards.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    So I guess 3 guys made it to the roster if you count Nik Embernate....I don't see him on the roster any longer though.
    Garvin had 11 Tackles in limited role...Arnfelt played in 2 games and I don't remember when Nik got hurt.

You don't see him as in you don't think he makes the team? Or his name isn't on the actual roster? I remember reading that most liked what they saw out of him before he got hurt. I believe it happened at the beginning of August, right after Nick Williams. I think if he comes back healthy he has a chance to make the final 53 if the steelers carry 9 lineman like they have the past few years. He can replace whimper if they draft a tackle to groom incase they don't want to bring back Gilbert.

I think if Foote hadn't gotten hurt Garvin would've been on the practice squad. Same thing with Arnfelt and N. Williams getting hurt... The potential for another 1 or 2 guys to make it is there this year. But if the team drafts well hopefully they can be PS players they develop.
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Don't forget old school then, Andy Russell and Rocky Bleier, 14th and 16th rounds respectively, UDFA by today's standards.

Pappy
    Well if you want to go old school then Donnie Shell comes to mind. He wasn't even drafted when they had 100 rounds.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!