Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Udfa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Well if you want to go old school then Donnie Shell comes to mind. He wasn't even drafted when they had 100 rounds.
    Thank you, he slipped my mind, now that's a UDFA!

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    Nik Embernate was running 2nd team guard before he got hurt last year. If I remember correctly he signed a fairly large contract for an UDFA and they were pretty high on him. Terence Garvin also was an UDFA.
    I was thinking the same thing about Embernate...and, if I'm not mistaken, he's still with the team. Garvin was clearly the top contributor as a rookie Udfa...but I think we have 4-5 that could potentially be contributors... Arnfelt, J. Brown, Moye, Embernate, Garvin.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Best on the team right now?

Will Johnson
    Ramon Foster
    Steve McClendon
    Robert Golden

also, these guys were all UDFA who broke in with other teams

Lance Moore
    Fernando Velasco (not currently re-signed, but not with anyone else either)
    LeGarrette Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

If we go old school, LC Greenwood was a 10th.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about Embernate...and, if I'm not mistaken, he's still with the team. Garvin was clearly the top contributor as a rookie Udfa...but I think we have 4-5 that could potentially be contributors... Arnfelt, J. Brown, Moye, Embernate, Garvin.
    J. Brown was, unfortunately, drafted in the 6th round. Should have been a UDFA but he was drafted.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    J. Brown was, unfortunately, drafted in the 6th round. Should have been a UDFA but he was drafted.
    You are right. I forgot he was drafted in the 6th. Not sure if he should have been UDFA. He had a good preseason last year. Might be too early to tell yet.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    You don't see him as in you don't think he makes the team? Or his name isn't on the actual roster? I remember reading that most liked what they saw out of him before he got hurt. I believe it happened at the beginning of August, right after Nick Williams. I think if he comes back healthy he has a chance to make the final 53 if the steelers carry 9 lineman like they have the past few years. He can replace whimper if they draft a tackle to groom incase they don't want to bring back Gilbert.

I think if Foote hadn't gotten hurt Garvin would've been on the practice squad. Same thing with Arnfelt and N. Williams getting hurt... The potential for another 1 or 2 guys to make it is there this year. But if the team drafts well hopefully they can be PS players they develop.
    I didn't see his name on our roster page. Don't know what that means...If he is a free agent or what.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Best on the team right now?

Will Johnson
    Ramon Foster
    Steve McClendon
    Robert Golden

also, these guys were all UDFA who broke in with other teams

Lance Moore
    Fernando Velasco (not currently re-signed, but not with anyone else either)
    LeGarrette Blount
    Wonder if it will be harder or easier to find UDFA gems with all the regional combines and the super regional combine? One thing is the Steelers have like there UDFA's. They seem to hit on them better then some late round picks it seems to me. Except for AB and Beachum.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    If we go old school, LC Greenwood was a 10th.
    He was still drafted...Im looking for the non drafted.

Backup

User Info Menu

Seems like D SHELL, J HARRISON AND FAST WILLIE should be the top 3 to me with the names listed thus far.