Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Udfa

Hybrid View

Udfa

Looking at last years UDFA's it seems we didn't hit on much. B Arnfelt is the only player on our team. Maybe he can provide depth on the DL. I like what the article says on him. Am I missing someone? I know Reggie Dunn opened some eyes only to get cut a few weeks into camp.

Who are the top 3 UDFA that we have had on the Steelers? When were they signed (year)?

Pro Bowler
    Just off the top of my head....

Kevin Greene - had prolific career in Pgh. He and Lloyd playing OLB was one of our best combos.

James Farrior - was team capt. and voted MVP a few times.

Jeff Hartings - we always seem to forget him. Very good center.

Ryan Clark - I didn't think much of him coming in but he became a very solid FS for us.

Kimo Von Oelhoffen - Solid contributor at DE

JL Williams - towards the end of his career but still gave us some good play.

Ray Seals - only played two years but he was good while he was here.
    --------------
    Sorry, all that for nothing. I was thinking you asked about Unrestricted Free agents, not UDFA, my mistake.
    Last edited by sick beats; 04-04-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Fast Willie Parker!

James Harrison

1. Fast Willie 2004, 2. James Harrison 2002, 3a. Chris Hoke 2001, 3b. Dan Krieder 2000

Starter
    Nik Embernate was running 2nd team guard before he got hurt last year. If I remember correctly he signed a fairly large contract for an UDFA and they were pretty high on him. Terence Garvin also was an UDFA.

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    Nik Embernate was running 2nd team guard before he got hurt last year. If I remember correctly he signed a fairly large contract for an UDFA and they were pretty high on him. Terence Garvin also was an UDFA.
    So I guess 3 guys made it to the roster if you count Nik Embernate....I don't see him on the roster any longer though.
    Garvin had 11 Tackles in limited role...Arnfelt played in 2 games and I don't remember when Nik got hurt.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    So I guess 3 guys made it to the roster if you count Nik Embernate....I don't see him on the roster any longer though.
    Garvin had 11 Tackles in limited role...Arnfelt played in 2 games and I don't remember when Nik got hurt.

You don't see him as in you don't think he makes the team? Or his name isn't on the actual roster? I remember reading that most liked what they saw out of him before he got hurt. I believe it happened at the beginning of August, right after Nick Williams. I think if he comes back healthy he has a chance to make the final 53 if the steelers carry 9 lineman like they have the past few years. He can replace whimper if they draft a tackle to groom incase they don't want to bring back Gilbert.

I think if Foote hadn't gotten hurt Garvin would've been on the practice squad. Same thing with Arnfelt and N. Williams getting hurt... The potential for another 1 or 2 guys to make it is there this year. But if the team drafts well hopefully they can be PS players they develop.

You don't see him as in you don't think he makes the team? Or his name isn't on the actual roster? I remember reading that most liked what they saw out of him before he got hurt. I believe it happened at the beginning of August, right after Nick Williams. I think if he comes back healthy he has a chance to make the final 53 if the steelers carry 9 lineman like they have the past few years. He can replace whimper if they draft a tackle to groom incase they don't want to bring back Gilbert.

I think if Foote hadn't gotten hurt Garvin would've been on the practice squad. Same thing with Arnfelt and N. Williams getting hurt... The potential for another 1 or 2 guys to make it is there this year. But if the team drafts well hopefully they can be PS players they develop.
    I didn't see his name on our roster page. Don't know what that means...If he is a free agent or what.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    I didn't see his name on our roster page. Don't know what that means...If he is a free agent or what.
    Oh that's weird. Last I heard he was put on IR, I never saw anything about him being released

Starter
    I was thinking the same thing about Embernate...and, if I'm not mistaken, he's still with the team. Garvin was clearly the top contributor as a rookie Udfa...but I think we have 4-5 that could potentially be contributors... Arnfelt, J. Brown, Moye, Embernate, Garvin.