Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Chadman's Draft Thread

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I never said that Ben raped anyone. Never.

My point was that if you are going to give Ben the benefit of a doubt regarding the aforementioned allegations, then you should extend Pouncey the same benefit for merely wearing a baseball cap...

Was in in poor taste? Insensitive? Absolutely...

Does it have anywhere near the gravity of a rape allegation? No...
    Allegations are meaningless. Anyone can allege anything about anyone without there being a shred of truth to any of it. How can you say there is gravity to an allegation, unless there was truth to back them up and they turned into being found guilty in a court of law? I allege that you are a serial murderer. Man, that sounds bad. There must be a ton of gravity to the allegation. Serial murderer? Wow.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Agree, not impressed with Ebron either. Especially after dropping a lot of passes at a SCRIPTED pro day.
    This guy is starting to sound like a work out warrior and I despise those guys unless they are production warriors as well. This guy did, but IDK.

When did a TE become such a huge need for offenses, because of Brady and the Pats or Brees and the Saints? I just don't see why all of a sudden you need a big WR, label him a TE and then split him out or put him in the slot, etc. The Steelers main needs, IMO, are a play making WR, a play making ILB or a play making CB, guys that can actually change a game or force the other team to account for them. I just don't see the Steelers targeting a TE 9-10 times a game, Heath has been a great TE, but Ben looks to him only in certain situations and I don't see that changing while Ben is the quarterback.

A TE in the first would be a nice pick, but in all likelihood not one where the player has an impact on the game. I think the Steelers can get their type of TE in the later rounds, a solid blocker, good hands and a chain mover.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    We overlooked two separate rape allegations...all Pouncey did was wear a ball cap...
    Is that right? You are short on your facts... Before the hats, both Pouncey Bros refused to help in the investigation after Hernandez shot a Florida man in the face. It's alleged that the man was shot in a limo right before their eyes, and they chose to protect their thug friend and college team mate. A decent human being would have done the right thing. As sick beats pointed out, he has never lived up to the hype. I'm also tired of seeing him get rag dolled... I can't wait for him to be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Overlooking implies ignored. Two rape allegations were investigated in detail by police, the media, the league, and the team. They were not overlooked.
    YOU implied "ignored"....not me...

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Allegations are meaningless. Anyone can allege anything about anyone without there being a shred of truth to any of it. How can you say there is gravity to an allegation, unless there was truth to back them up and they turned into being found guilty in a court of law? I allege that you are a serial murderer. Man, that sounds bad. There must be a ton of gravity to the allegation. Serial murderer? Wow.
    So, let's see if the commissioner suspends me from the board under the weight of your "allegations"...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Is that right? You are short on your facts... Before the hats, both Pouncey Bros refused to help in the investigation after Hernandez shot a Florida man in the face. It's alleged that the man was shot in a limo right before their eyes, and they chose to protect their thug friend and college team mate. A decent human being would have done the right thing. As sick beats pointed out, he has never lived up to the hype. I'm also tired of seeing him get rag dolled... I can't wait for him to be gone.
    It was "alleged" that the man was shot right before their eyes...but, I was just told that allegations are meaningless a few posts ago and that anyone can allege anything...apparently, I am now a serial murderer (not even a good straw man argument)...

My point was, and it still stands, that people are wiling to overlook what Ben did or did not do while being unwilling to overlook what Pouncey did or did not do...neither player was ever charged with anything...
    Last edited by Slapstick; 04-06-2014 at 09:33 AM.

BTW, also not sure what all that has to do with Chadman's draft...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    When did a TE become such a huge need for offenses, because of Brady and the Pats or Brees and the Saints? I just don't see why all of a sudden you need a big WR, label him a TE and then split him out or put him in the slot, etc. The Steelers main needs, IMO, are a play making WR, a play making ILB or a play making CB, guys that can actually change a game or force the other team to account for them. I just don't see the Steelers targeting a TE 9-10 times a game, Heath has been a great TE, but Ben looks to him only in certain situations and I don't see that changing while Ben is the quarterback.

A TE in the first would be a nice pick, but in all likelihood not one where the player has an impact on the game. I think the Steelers can get their type of TE in the later rounds, a solid blocker, good hands and a chain mover.

Pappy
    The only critical areas for the team to shore up in the draft are at DL & CB with OLB depth probably next. I agree with you that a "game changer" is what's needed & to me the only one that would be available at 15 would be Hageman, with Ealy or Pryor next. I know there's a focus on CB in the 1st but despite some of the talent available I don't see one that would start for us Day 1. To me Hageman is the choice as he would be in rotation right away with a focus on pass-packages. Besides, the thought of Hageman on the Ravens' D-line with Ngata & Suggs is enough to make you sick.

As for the TE concern...I agree with Pap that choosing one in the 1st isn't the way to go. C.J. Fiedorowicz (Iowa) would be a better fit from a scheme standpoint & will be available in the 3rd or later rounds.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Very good post Chadman. We just disagree on the OL. Adams can't play LT IMHO. Beachum is better there. Also even if Adams could play LT the OL is not set. Adams had to play TE last year because Gilbert was so bad at RT. Also what will they do with Pouncey? He is a FA after this season. Gilbert's contract is up after this season. Then you have Adams, Foster and DeCastro coming up after the 2015 season.
    Agreed on all counts. Beachum is much better than Adams at LT. Really no comparison at this point. Maybe Munchak will coach him up and make it a contest at LT.