Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68

Thread: Chadman's Draft Thread

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of love for Ebron... just like Eifert last year.

    Why is the TE position so coveted on here? Is it ALL due to the Pats?

    I don't see TE on our radar due to all the other needs. Is the Ebron feeling more of a WANT or is it something you truly believe our FO is looking at this year?
    If you want a big WR, you could pick Ebron and get just that...

  2. #32
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Think about this a bit. With Brown, Ebron, Miller and Wheaton (or DHB) on the field, you create crazy mismatches. How many linebackers can cover Ebron? Not many. So they must run pass packages D's. Now you have Blount or Bell in the backfield running against nickel or Dime packages? Come on.
    Yep. You hit it on the head. That is why the desperation to draft a defensive player ignores the bigger picture. Is there a defensive player we would get in Round 1 who would come in and potentially be a game changer like Ebron, Evans or Benjamin could be. I don't think so.

    We can get plenty of good defensive players starting in Round 2 who will be very good after they take they mandatory redshirt season.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    One aspect NO ONE seems to touch on is that MP hasn't been playing very well. He is all hype but of little substance. I saw him get thrown around like a rag doll. I thought both back ups out played him, including Cody Wallace, who I am amped that they resigned. MP is overrated, and seemingly too thug. Anyone who sports a "Free Fernandez" hat has something wrong with him. Does he think we should overlook murder?
    We overlooked two separate rape allegations...all Pouncey did was wear a ball cap...

  4. #34
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,588
    As long as Ebron isn't viewed as a TE, and more a 'big WR', he fits a need.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  5. #35
    I'm really on the fence about ebron

    I worry about his hands and when I watched him play, I just didn't see a special player. Sure, he has some highlight reel plays, but I never saw a game changer like some here do. Seems to drop some easy ones as well. Reportedly had a bad pro day catching the ball, not that it means a whole lot. He could also be extremely productive if he puts all that athleticism to good use.

    if we go pass catcher, I prefer him over the WRs benjamin and lee.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    We overlooked two separate rape allegations...all Pouncey did was wear a ball cap...
    Ben never raped anyone. For you to even imply this, it means you haven't looked into the details of either instance. The girl in CO has a record of fake rape allegations. The girl in GA was just wasted and didn't even make allegations, her friends did, she didn't even know what happened. Law looked into it and decided there wasn't even enough evidence to even charge Ben, not to mention to convict him. Give me a break.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Ben never raped anyone. For you to even imply this, it means you haven't looked into the details of either instance. The girl in CO has a record of fake rape allegations. The girl in GA was just wasted and didn't even make allegations, her friends did, she didn't even know what happened. Law looked into it and decided there wasn't even enough evidence to even charge Ben, not to mention to convict him. Give me a break.
    I never said that Ben raped anyone. Never.

    My point was that if you are going to give Ben the benefit of a doubt regarding the aforementioned allegations, then you should extend Pouncey the same benefit for merely wearing a baseball cap...

    Was in in poor taste? Insensitive? Absolutely...

    Does it have anywhere near the gravity of a rape allegation? No...

  8. #38
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,415
    I am not impressed with Ebron- at least not as a 1st round pick. I watched him play in a few games, especially against my Alma mater, and he dropped passes, and frankly, was a non factor. He dropped a sure TD in the endzone that day too. I would say that a good 80% of the time, he lined up as a WR against us.. If he would drop into the 2nd round, then maybe..... I believe this alternating between D and O every year is merely coincidence, and this year we draft D like we did last year.. Welcome aboard, Dennard... He's my pick at 15....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  9. #39
    Pro Bowler thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I am not impressed with Ebron- at least not as a 1st round pick. I watched him play in a few games, especially against my Alma mater, and he dropped passes, and frankly, was a non factor. He dropped a sure TD in the endzone that day too. I would say that a good 80% of the time, he lined up as a WR against us.. If he would drop into the 2nd round, then maybe..... I believe this alternating between D and O every year is merely coincidence, and this year we draft D like we did last year.. Welcome aboard, Dennard... He's my pick at 15....
    Agree, not impressed with Ebron either. Especially after dropping a lot of passes at a SCRIPTED pro day.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    We overlooked two separate rape allegations...all Pouncey did was wear a ball cap...
    Overlooking implies ignored. Two rape allegations were investigated in detail by police, the media, the league, and the team. They were not overlooked.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •