Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Chadman's Draft Thread

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    But, if TE is the BPA, you should take him of you can't trade down...if Ebron is the best value, then you change your offense to take advantage of the receiving threat that he offers...split him out wide or in the slot while he develops as a blocker (and he is, at the least, a willing blocker) and let him become the #1 TE after Heath retires...
    I think Ebron might be BPA.... I have mixed feelings about the guy because I think he's overly cocky and full of himself based on the interviews and such. I think he needs a reality check. However, I think he's very talented and quite fluid for a TE.

FSU's Benjamin is slightly taller than Ebron but is slower and doesn't appear as naturally athletic and fluid as Ebron IMO. Ebron can easily split out wide or play in the slot. Use him as the "big target" that Ben wants. Just because he's labeled as TE instead of a WR (like Benjamin) doesn't mean he can't fit that "big & tall" target role.

Legend

User Info Menu

But, if TE is the BPA, you should take him of you can't trade down...if Ebron is the best value, then you change your offense to take advantage of the receiving threat that he offers...split him out wide or in the slot while he develops as a blocker (and he is, at the least, a willing blocker) and let him become the #1 TE after Heath retires...
    That doesn't make sense IMO. I wouldn't change our offensive for a rookie when I have Ben, Miller, Bell and AB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Amazing how much intelligence is involved in the career of a Tight End (or any position for that matter). Rob Gronkowski is an incredible physical talent. He's big, fast, great hands, fearless...all you'd want in a player. He's also a bit of an idiot who plays with wild abandon. He's also constantly injured. Some is just bad luck, sure, but not all. Gronk seeks contact on the field.

Look at Tony Gonzalez. Probably the greatest TE the game has ever seen. One of the reasons he's played for so long and had such a great career is that he's consciously tried to avoid the big hits as much as possible. This might mean going to the ground a yard early, or getting out of bounds a yard early. Yet in the NFL, people often look at this as being soft or not a man. It's as they say, a "business decision."

Who would you rather have over the course of his career? A guy who avoids big hits or a guy that seeks them out? I know my answer. Give me a smart player like TG every day.
    That applies to most players IMO.

Not sure if Gronk seeks contact tho... TE's aren't that agile so they usually put their head down and get what they can. Miller does the same thing as Gronk and hasn't been injured as often.

Gronk is an idiot off the field too so that may be part of the reason he stays injured.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    That doesn't make sense IMO. I wouldn't change our offensive for a rookie when I have Ben, Miller, Bell and AB.
    Point taken. Perhaps not next year, but you should adjust the scheme to fit the players...Mayock claims Ebron is a top ten worthy pick...if this is so, then you should adjust things to accommodate him...maybe not right away...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Point taken. Perhaps not next year, but you should adjust the scheme to fit the players...Mayock claims Ebron is a top ten worthy pick...if this is so, then you should adjust things to accommodate him...maybe not right away...
    Why adjust the scheme when Miller is still on the team? Miller will continue to play the more traditional TE role while Ebron will play more of a WR-type role in our current offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW, also not sure what all that has to do with Chadman's draft...
    Because the original post comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not reply to the thread in front of you.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

For what it's worth...How many titles to Rob Gronkowski, Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, and Jason Witten have combined? As many as I have. Just sayin'....
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Does this only apply to the offense?

We lost JH, Foote, Clark, A.Smith, Keenan Lewis and Big Snack... but the scheme is fine and we just need better players at all those positions. Change the scheme? Crazy talk

Offense is trending up and pretty much has 11 starters on paper already but we should change the scheme based on a rookie TE?

This place is hilarious