Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My question is this...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Because, like Obamacare, all you really have to do is read and pay attention...
    You've read Obamacare? All 1000+ pages of it? And you keep up with all the changes that they keep making to it (over 20 of them since passing it)? And you understand it all?

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Until the changes come again, and what you know is not what is known.
    $$$$$

Backup

User Info Menu

Woodley's money alone will sign all our ROOKIES and then some. I love our Steelers because they do in fact spend every PENNY to make our team the best it can be each and every year.

I would love to see one more key signing once Woodley's money frees up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    Woodley's money alone will sign all our ROOKIES and then some. I love our Steelers because they do in fact spend every PENNY to make our team the best it can be each and every year.

I would love to see one more key signing once Woodley's money frees up.
    and that doesn't even count a potential Worilds long-term signing... the team is in pretty good shape, financially this offseason... Wouldn't be surprised to see a decent pickup after June 1 (say, Sydney Rice) depending on the draft, of course...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Backup

User Info Menu

and that doesn't even count a potential Worilds long-term signing... the team is in pretty good shape, financially this offseason... Wouldn't be surprised to see a decent pickup after June 1 (say, Sydney Rice) depending on the draft, of course...
    What a difference from last year. Forced to draft potential year 1 starters. This year we can sit back and use $$$ and draft picks to fill out this roster. We went from OLD to young just like that and we still have $$ left over. Great job Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think they are done with FA, except maybe Keisel and harrison.

Great offseason though overall...now just get a few right in the draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Post June 1, we will use the extra money gained to sign the draft class and potentially plug some post-draft holes with experienced vets like James Harrison or Brett Keisel. We could look at how guys like Fernando Velasco and LaRod Stephens-Howling are progressing from their injuries as we get closer to camp time, and possibly bring them back on a one year "prove it" type of deal. I believe that we are done signing outside free agents, unless someone like Jermichael Finley is able to pass a physical around the start of training camp (and since our team neurosurgeon Dr. Maroon is the one who operated on his neck, we'll be the first to know about any progress in this regard).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

DRock and Buckeye gave great explanations. One other thing at play here is that many of these guys are signing "qualifying contracts." Essentially, you can sign a veteran player for an amount near the minimum, with a very small signing bonus, but the player signed counts less against the cap. This is a provision to in the cap to help low-level veteran players avoid getting squeezed out of work due to their cap hits.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    You've read Obamacare? All 1000+ pages of it? And you keep up with all the changes that they keep making to it (over 20 of them since passing it)? And you understand it all?

Wow.

$$$$$
    I would bet any amount of money that OBAMA hasn't read ObamaCare.
    It should be called LawyersWorkingForBigInsuranceCare cuz they wrote it.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think someone on here said that after signing DHB we had 2 dollars left of cap space. If true Omar Kahn is freakin' amazing!
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    DRock and Buckeye gave great explanations. One other thing at play here is that many of these guys are signing "qualifying contracts." Essentially, you can sign a veteran player for an amount near the minimum, with a very small signing bonus, but the player signed counts less against the cap. This is a provision to in the cap to help low-level veteran players avoid getting squeezed out of work due to their cap hits.
    and the signing bonus is the only guaranteed part. if DHB is cut before the season starts, his cap hit would be VERY small...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville