Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My question is this...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I think someone on here said that after signing DHB we had 2 dollars left of cap space. If true Omar Kahn is freakin' amazing!
    If that's true, I'd be amazed in two ways. 1 being khan got us within two bucks of our cap limit and 2 being no one in media has written about it.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How much money is generally in reserve to sign players during the season to replace injured players? I thought I heard that was something teams normally do. I don't follow the dollars and cents part of it like I should.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    How much money is generally in reserve to sign players during the season to replace injured players? I thought I heard that was something teams normally do. I don't follow the dollars and cents part of it like I should.
    Sounds like about $2.00 but that's just my .02¢

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    You've read Obamacare? All 1000+ pages of it? And you keep up with all the changes that they keep making to it (over 20 of them since passing it)? And you understand it all?

Wow.
    You make it sound more difficult than it has to be...do you have every nuance of our über cumbersome tax code memorized? With ALL the changes made on an annual basis? No, of course not...

But, ultimately, aren't you responsible for your own taxes?

The ACA is no different in that regard...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This discussion is interesting because I know enough fans of other teams that complain about how cheap the ownership is because they have so much cap space.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You make it sound more difficult than it has to be...do you have every nuance of our über cumbersome tax code memorized? With ALL the changes made on an annual basis? No, of course not...

But, ultimately, aren't you responsible for your own taxes?

The ACA is no different in that regard...
    A good many people I know have to hire someone to do their taxes because they've concluded it's not quite as simple as merely "read and pay attention."

Legend

User Info Menu

Dang Gents. Enough of Obamacare. I know I brought it up, but just to talk about how confusing the cap can be. Take the Obamamama stuff to other threads.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    A good many people I know have to hire someone to do their taxes because they've concluded it's not quite as simple as merely "read and pay attention."
    And that is their choice...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Dang Gents. Enough of Obamacare. I know I brought it up, but just to talk about how confusing the cap can be. Take the Obamamama stuff to other threads.
    And all I said in regards to both is simply to educate yourself if it is important enough to you...