Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign

Legend

User Info Menu

His big and fast. If the change of scenery somehow helps and we can coach him up, who knows?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tjs1974 View Post
    What this tells me is that management might not be sold on Marcus Wheaton
    Who is sold on Wheaton? He's only played in a few games and can count his receptions on two hands...

This also tells me that Wheaton also has a fair shot....Robert Golden, by comparison, doesn't...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Who is sold on Wheaton? He's only played in a few games and can count his receptions on two hands...

This also tells me that Wheaton also has a fair shot....Robert Golden, by comparison, doesn't...
    The word coming out of camp last year on Wheaton was good. Then he broke his finger. When he came back Cotch was having such a good year that Wheaton never saw the field. Remember, Haley doesn't use the 4 and 5 receiver formations like Arians did so their wasn't as much playing time available for the 4th receiver on the depth chart. I think Wheaton will have a decent season this year if he stays away from injury. Especially since he can attend the OTA's this year.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

It's a pretty risk free signing. If he works out then great, if not then he can be cut without much worry.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

doubt he even makes the team

no risk signing, I'm fine with it

no way it impacts what the steelers will do at 1:15

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    The signing of BEY tells me that WR isn't their plan at #15.
    I think DENNARD is their man
    and we signed an underachieving CB the day before. The Bey signing is about bringing competition to camp and has little to do with our first round target, though I do think they like the two top corners.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Bey can go deep, but can he catch the ball? He seems to me to be a sprinter not a wide receiver. Didn't we just get rid of one of those?
    Dwight "Hands of" Stone Part II

It's a low risk signing so I'll give him a chance. He better learn how to hang on to the ball though or he'll never make it through camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    doubt he even makes the team

no risk signing, I'm fine with it

no way it impacts what the steelers will do at 1:15
    100% agree... they want camp bodies and this one came cheap... if he sucks, you cut him and have a minimal penalty... we lost 2 veterans, we've signed 2 veterans... if it impacts anything, it may mean a SECOND WR isn't drafted like I personally originally suspected.

AB, Wheaton, Moore and early round rook are guaranteed to make team at WR... the rest fight it out for 1-2 spots...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

According to one source: DHB 9.4% drop rate, AB 4.2% , DHB 45% target catch rate, AB 66% target catch rate. Interesting that in 2012 DHB drop rate was 50% LOWER than 2013, and in 2011 DHB = AB drop rate of 2013, 4.1%. So each season he has gotten progressively worse. Could be a coaching issue, could be a focus issue.... who knows. But I agree with others, no/low risk signing so I am down with it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    According to one source: DHB 9.4% drop rate, AB 4.2% , DHB 45% target catch rate, AB 66% target catch rate. Interesting that in 2012 DHB drop rate was 50% LOWER than 2013, and in 2011 DHB = AB drop rate of 2013, 4.1%. So each season he has gotten progressively worse. Could be a coaching issue, could be a focus issue.... who knows. But I agree with others, no/low risk signing so I am down with it.
    Ebron's drop rate is over 11% and people want to draft him at 1.15....