Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Mike Mayock...
    Exactly.....

Kiper and McShay have all these "risers" and "fallers" on a weekly basis. NFL GMs are not doing that on such a frequent basis like these ESPN idiots. ESPN is doing it for ratings and to get people coming back for more....

It's funny to see how completely off their ratings are and how the draft unfolds.

Mike Mayock...
    I agree. I love when Mayock breaks down a player. Its really cool when he does it during NFL Network's Thursday night games. I wonder if he will announce at all next year since the NFL Network won't be carrying any games?
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I agree. I love when Mayock breaks down a player. Its really cool when he does it during NFL Network's Thursday night games. I wonder if he will announce at all next year since the NFL Network won't be carrying any games?
    I love mayock as a draft guy, but hes too much of a draft guy to be calling games.

All you here is "Ive seen the tape on this guy" or "This kid is about x feet x pounds and runs a 4.x 40"...but he adds an inch or 2, 10 pounds or so, and shaves off some time lol

IM a big draft nerd, but that **** annoys me for some reason lol

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yes, why were both Brown and Cottrey never better as Steelers without Wallace to "take the top off" when Wallace backers said Brown would digress without Wallace?

Worst running game on a Steeler team since before Noll featured Walllace to take the top off.
    We had dominating running game with a QB (Kordell) who was a better deep receiver than any wideout on our team.
    Ben never had blazing speed in a starting wideout before Wallace and an outstanding running game before wallace began to "take the top off".

More proof?

Yes
    The year AFTER Harper left Dallas Irvin had:
    Career highs in:
    yardage 1600 plus
    catches 111
    touchdowns 10

See people this stuff sounds smart, and I get the theory.
    But in truth that take the top off being what enables other players to excel is WAY overblown.

Nevertheless, Bay has talent and ain't breaking the bank so I don't hate the signing.
    you know they replaced harper with someone even faster in K williams, right? smaller target but much faster speed

as far as cotch and brown having better years. who were they going to throw the ball to???? despite this notion among some fans in not believing the actual numbers, passing IS increasing year after year.

they lost wallace and miller (was he 100 % at all last year) from the year before for 24 man games played out of 32. 1600 yards and 16 TDs between them in 2012

what you have to do is force it to your best weapon (AB) more. just look at how many of those catches were bubble screens.
    cotch became the intermediate guy that miller was and i specifically remember a couple TDs coming from ben buying time and finding cotch after he lost the defense.

PS. was it our collective imaginations what saw wallace being bracket covered by a corner and safety when he was here?
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 04-03-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Exactly.....

Kiper and McShay have all these "risers" and "fallers" on a weekly basis. NFL GMs are not doing that on such a frequent basis like these ESPN idiots. ESPN is doing it for ratings and to get people coming back for more....

It's funny to see how completely off their ratings are and how the draft unfolds.

i prefer mayock myself but he cant work for every network
    kiper and mcshay, being #2 and #3 in the world, gotta be pretty great tho.
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

I like Charles Davis as well, but I don't think he's considered a draft analyst. But he usually has good insight.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Mike Mayock...
    Yep I agree

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I like Charles Davis as well, but I don't think he's considered a draft analyst. But he usually has good insight.
    My second favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i prefer mayock myself but he cant work for every network
    kiper and mcshay, being #2 and #3 in the world, gotta be pretty great tho.
    There are others. Al Fronczak being a good one. http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2014_NFL_Draft.html Here is a good list http://www.thehuddlereport.com/scoring/mockdrafts.shtml I am surprised Kiper is #5 with his 5yr avg. But he does have to follow the TV ratings.

you know they replaced harper with someone even faster in K williams, right? smaller target but much faster speed.
    First of all I have disproved the stated contention that Irvin needed HARPER. He was UNSTOPPABLE without Harper so I am absolutely right.

Jersey, are you really gonna imply that the fear of unproven Kevin Williams deep speed along with his 38 catches for 2 touchdowns is gonna draw attention away from the best receiver in Cowboy history in his prime? Irvin had 111 catches for 1600 yards because teams feared Williams?

I remember that Super Bowl being terrified of what Kevin Williams would do to our secondary.

Irvin had more TDs in that single season than Williams had in his seven year career.

People diss Dwight Stone?
    K Williams IS DWIGHT STONE only FAR LESS productive.

as far as cotch and brown having better years. who were they going to throw the ball to???? despite this notion among some fans in not believing the actual numbers, passing IS increasing year after year.

they lost wallace and miller (was he 100 % at all last year) from the year before for 24 man games played out of 32. 1600 yards and 16 TDs between them in 2012

what you have to do is force it to your best weapon (AB) more. just look at how many of those catches were bubble screens.
    cotch became the intermediate guy that miller was and i specifically remember a couple TDs coming from ben buying time and finding cotch after he lost the defense.

You are right. Does nothing whatsoever to negate my point. Browns productiveness was not hindered one bit, without Wallace. Brown had more opportunities true.

Brown had no need at all for Wallace to stretch the field to put up 110 catches and more receiving yards than anyone in Steeler history.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-04-2014 at 10:39 PM.