Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Who Would You Draft?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Nix could be a three down player...

Just not in this defense where an NT is expected to command double teams and hold the point...

IMHO, Nix could be a deadly 3 Tech in the Warren Sapp mode...
    I don't think Nix has the stamina or speed to play the 3 tech in a 4-3. Here is what Tony Dungy said about Sapp and the position:

It is one of the most demanding positions on the field, extremely difficult to excel at because it requires a rare blend of size, speed, strength and stamina.

"It's hard, because if they come out and play two tight ends and just run the ball and double team you, you have to be able to stand up to that and then still rush the passer on third-and-6," Dungy said. "And then you have to do that for 50 or 60 plays.

"So, it takes someone truly special to do it, but Warren could. He could dominate you in the run game and, obviously, in the pass game and there just weren't many guys like that."

Rookie

User Info Menu

You don't think so...slimmed down, I do...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You don't think so...slimmed down, I do...
    Slimming down won't help his knees (he'd still be over 300 lbs) nor make him that much faster. The guy is an interior DL only.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Slimming down won't help his knees (he'd still be over 300 lbs) nor make him that much faster. The guy is an interior DL only.
    Also it has been said Nix's has had a problem keeping his weight in check just like other big men. So why would it be expected for him to play and stay at a lighter weight? And would that not be asking him to play different then maybe his natural way. Which most say around here is a bad idea especially for a premium draft pick. Plus most young college guys put on some weight anyway once in the NFL. Yes most times it should be muscle. But keeping the fat off for a big man who is asked to stay at a certain weight that can be tough.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I think he's quick enough to be a 3 Tech...which is, incidentally, an interior DL position...

Legend

User Info Menu

I had Dennard, Tuitt, Bryant, Lynch, Archer, Roberson, and Colvin