Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would You Draft?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who Would You Draft?

These are the 14 players taken before us.... and there are no trade down options

Manziel, Bortles, Bridgewater
    Clowney, Mack, Barr, Mosley
    Robinson, Matthews
    Watkins, Evans
    Ebron
    Gilbert, Dennard

Id probably go with either Lee or Benjamin, but fuller, hageman, and shazier would get my consideration

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    These are the 14 players taken before us.... and there are no trade down options

Manziel, Bortles, Bridgewater
    Clowney, Mack, Barr, Mosley
    Robinson, Matthews
    Watkins, Evans
    Ebron
    Gilbert, Dennard

Id probably go with either Lee or Benjamin, but fuller, hageman, and shazier would get my consideration
    Benjamin or Hageman in that order
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That could be what the Steelers are up against. If you can't find a trade down partner in that scenario...You might be overdrafting a guy now. The BPA in that scenario would be Lewan. Nobody wants an OL with the first pick....But he would be BPA. Board may look like:

Lewan
    Fuller
    Benjamin
    Nix
    Lee
    Hageman
    Roby
    Shazier

Really is difficult to nail down. From Nix back...I believe is all too early for #15. I would have too be 110% sold on Fuller & Benjamin to take at #15. To stay with the Steelers philosophy that has served them well...They may go with BPA in Lewan. Personally....I would go with Benjamin if I had to pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Benjamin or Hageman in that order
    I agree.....
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

BPA would be Taylor Lewan there, so that would be the pick (there is enough depth at WR and CB to still be able to find quality ones on day two of the draft). Munchak should be able to manage with Beachum, Gilbert, and Adams at tackle, but giving him someone nasty like Taylor Lewan would be giving him someone with that rough edge to his game that he could plug in for a decade like some of the tackles he has worked with in the past like Jon Runyan and Michael Roos.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldnt even consider Lewan there personally

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I wouldnt even consider Lewan there personally
    Why not? He's got size, he's got athleticism, he's got a mean streak, and he's played in a major conference. Tackle prospects like that don't exactly grow on trees. And it's not like we have any All-Pro tackles on our roster.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    BPA would be Taylor Lewan there, so that would be the pick (there is enough depth at WR and CB to still be able to find quality ones on day two of the draft). Munchak should be able to manage with Beachum, Gilbert, and Adams at tackle, but giving him someone nasty like Taylor Lewan would be giving him someone with that rough edge to his game that he could plug in for a decade like some of the tackles he has worked with in the past like Jon Runyan and Michael Roos.
    I'd be OK with Lewan especially since Munchak is now here to train these guys up. Having depth at OT is a good probalem to have, plus it would allow Beachum to move to Left Guard which I think he would excel at in a zone blocking scheme.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Why not? He's got size, he's got athleticism, he's got a mean streak, and he's played in a major conference. Tackle prospects like that don't exactly grow on trees. And it's not like we have any All-Pro tackles on our roster.
    To me hes not even as good as Reily Reiff was (who is a decent player) or Gabe Carimi (who is terrible now)

Combine hero and Im not interested. Id be much more inclined to see what munchak can do with beachum/adams/gilbert....the only reason he was brought in

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think I would go with Donald. I know, he doesn't fit into our system ... blah, blah, blah, but a good football player is a good football player. I think he will be a disrupter no matter what system he plays in. With Heyward on one side and Donald on the other we might be able to push the middle of the pocket and start getting some more sacks.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!