Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would You Draft?

Nix might be my choice in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And PS-Just because Bosa is a 5 star recruit...doesn't nullify my point. If Lewan gets abused by a 19 year old guy right out of HS, what will pros do to him?
    Shawn this will all get settled on May 8th. Your 4th round grade on TL may be correct and you'll have the last laugh. Why one game in over 30 you place so much weight on I don't know. But as we have kicked the tires on this previously TL imho is a first rounder top 20 talent.

I would probably go Marqise Lee. Fuller or Beckham would be tough to pass up too. I think Fuller could be a solid starter for a long time, but that's a little high imo.

Surprised no one has mentioned the safeties - Dix and Pryor. If they're truly going BPA would the Mitchell signing trump that?
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Shawn this will all get settled on May 8th. Your 4th round grade on TL may be correct and you'll have the last laugh. Why one game in over 30 you place so much weight on I don't know. But as we have kicked the tires on this previously TL imho is a first rounder top 20 talent.
    I'm not saying he won't get drafted in the top 20, shoot I think he goes top 10. I have a little better opinion of him than I did of Mike Adams I can tell you that much. He did have a very good career. Why I put so much weight on this game? Well, why did scouts put so much weight on Roby's bad game against Wisconsin? He was clearly the best DB coming into the 2013 season. He is the fastest guy on the one of the fastest teams in tOSU history. He has all the physical tools to be great. But, the scouts put weight on that one game because he got exposed by a great route runner with a terrific double move. He kept biting. He shouldn't be a first round pick, IMO just based on that game alone. He has much work to do.

In much the same way, I personally think Bosa exposed Lewan for being an above average talent being touted as elite. That is my assessment. It's ok if some people or all people disagree.
    Last edited by Shawn; 04-02-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I would probably gone Marqise Lee. Fuller or Beckham would be tough to pass up too. I think Fuller could be a solid starter for a long time, but that's a little high imo.

Surprised no one has mentioned the safeties - Dix and Pryor. If they're truly going BPA would the Mitchell signing trump that?
    Take it for what its worth and by that I mean it depends on your opinion of mayock. (I love the guy) He has fuller rated behind only dennard. I would be happy with fuller at 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Why I put so much weight on this game?
    so if Mike Evans is still available when we pick, do you not select him because Missouri's 5'10" CB E J Gaines held him to only 4 catches for 8 yards?

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    so if Mike Evans is still available when we pick, do you not select him because Missouri's 5'10" CB E J Gaines held him to only 4 catches for 8 yards?
    Or.....do you draft EJ Gaines at #15?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    so if Mike Evans is still available when we pick, do you not select him because Missouri's 5'10" CB E J Gaines held him to only 4 catches for yards?
    I think it's common place for WRs to not have great games here and there. Its common place for WRs even great WRs to not get his catches in a game. There are lots of variables...ie maybe the QB isn't getting him the ball. Maybe Manziel had a bad game. Maybe the game plan was to double down on Mike...maybe the game plan was to use Mike more as a distraction and go with other receivers that game. But, when you are talking about a LT going at it against a freshman down after down...just a man against a big boy...I believe it to be more telling. There are less variables. When you watch an "elite" LT give up sacks and pressures against a young guy who may have only been 18 at the time...I believe it's VERY telling. One really bad game makes you scratch your head and say hmm...do we really have what we think we have with Lewan. My answer is that I believe Lewan is not as good as advertised. I believe he will make a good but not great RT...not LT in the NFL. IMO, he is not deserving of a top 10 pick. What scares me is I believe he could slide to the Steelers at 15 like in this scenario. I think it's a real possibility and if the Steelers bite....ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Or.....do you draft EJ Gaines at #15?
    Drafting a guy based on one good game gets you Troy Edwards.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Take it for what its worth and by that I mean it depends on your opinion of mayock. (I love the guy)
    Of course you do! He was a Steeler draft pick once upon a time (10th rounder in 1981).