Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 106

Thread: Who Would You Draft?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Wrong. You edited your original post to my question when I asked you if you had watched the Michigan vs OSU film. You said you did...then later edited it with a link and a snide comment. You went back to look, as you hadn't studied the Michigan OSU game even though you said you had.

    Well, I can tell you I have indeed done my homework. I watched the entire game just watching that match up. And while I know you believe you are as close to a pro scout as they get...if you can take an honest look at the ENTIRE game film (not just some cuts from another site who did the work for you)...and say Lewan didn't have one of the worst games of his career against a freshman...well I have to seriously doubt your eye. There was a reason Lewan blew up after that game and it isn't just because they lost. Believe me, don't believe me...don't really give a ish.


    My edit came within seconds Shawn. I clicked on your link which was the whole game & went on draftbreakdown to get you the link of all games. I gave that link for that website long time ago. Matter a fact...It was to you about Dennard. Don't come off with Bull****. Watch the link I gave you & show me with your skills "WHERE" Lewan is getting dominated. Man up...I'll show you who's eye to doubt! That's the only link you need...EVERY offensive play. That is the entire matchup. What a crock of **** coming out of your mouth. Why does anyone need to watch a game of a player when he is sitting on the sideline! And you think that's the reason why he blew up after the game...You never played a down of football in your life.
    You act like a blow hard anytime someone disagrees with you. I don't ever have to play football to have intellect for the game...to have eyes in my head and to make good observations. Our O coordinator didn't play football but understands the game. But, you believe that your logic should never be questioned because you are some self ordained expert? Please. You are very wrong on this one, and I will say so. Here you go...here is my breakdown of the game tape. Agree, disagree whatever.

    1stQ-Must admit Lewan played a good first quarter. Really looked like he was going to handle Bosa.
    2Q-starts to get interesting...

    Per your link and the timing on the tape.

    5:30ish-Pushed Lewan into backfield leading to a QB pressure and almost an INT.
    Play after sheds Lewan to make tackle on running back.
    Play after that pushes Lewan back then comes off his left side and gets QB pressure.

    6:22 Lewan gives up sack to Bosa after getting pushed into pocket.
    6:39 Bosa completely drives Lewan into backfield almost making tackle on RB
    7:09 Lewan misses block on #8
    7:20ish Bosa pushes Lewan into pocket causing QB to roll out left into #63 for a sack
    7:37-#8 gets around Lewans left side for QB pressure
    9:00 misses block on #95
    11:30 Bosa pushes Lewan into QB leads to QB pressure and almost his second sack of the game.
    13:00 #2 beats Lewan for QB pressure
    13:20 Bosa pushes Lewan to ground
    15:01 Bosa yet again collapses pocket, Lewan yet again gives up another QB pressure.
    Next play the exact same thing.
    15:48 Bosa beats Lewan for sack.

    So I account for Lewan giving up 2 sacks, and 7 QB pressures. That doesn't take into account the fact that Bosa just looked like the much better player after the first quarter. While I agree Bosa is a beast, he is still a freshman beast going up against a guy who is supposed to be a top 10 talent. I'm sorry but I disagree with you and stand by my assessment. If that ruffles your feathers, oh well.

  2. #42
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    These are the 14 players taken before us.... and there are no trade down options

    Manziel, Bortles, Bridgewater
    Clowney, Mack, Barr, Mosley
    Robinson, Matthews
    Watkins, Evans
    Ebron
    Gilbert, Dennard

    Id probably go with either Lee or Benjamin, but fuller, hageman, and shazier would get my consideration
    Fuller or Benjamin for me

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Bosa's stat line for the game was 5 tackles 1/2 sack 1.5 TFL. If you watch the offensive plays...You will see the pressure on the 1/2 sack he was given credit for was inside pressure (Shazier) where Devin Gardner couldn't step up. If the game was graded Lewan would have got charge with that sack because he engaged Bosa off the snap. Lewan had him stoned when Bosa reached around him. I would have been chewing out my G's for not funneling the blitz to allow the QB a step up lane in the film room.

    Lewan was making key block in the run game on the second level. The early big run was off Lewan's block. Lewan was pulling from his LT spot to trap & wrap. In pass pro he was more than holding his own. If this is the game ANYONE has to degrade Lewan on...You argument is weak as $hit!
    I'm not sure where they only get 1/2 sack. I will take a look again but I gave him credit for 2...at 6:22 and 15:48. As for the rest of your nonsense. It appears you get agitated when someone disagrees with you...like "how dare someone buck me...don't they know who I am"? Sorry, but I disagree with you...and you can make all the snide comments you wish. Lewan got man handled. And anyone who wants to look at the tape with my notes can see it for themselves.

  4. #44
    Edit-I would go back and give him 1 and 1/2 sacks. At 6:22 he spanked Lewan and got in on a sack with another player. At 15:48 he got that all by himself.

  5. #45
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I want to like Benjamin. All of the raw tools are there. But there is just something...missing. If we go WR at #15 and Watkins and Evans are off the board, then I prefer Marquis Lee over Benjamin as the more complete wideout. Sure, he doesn't give you different body type from what we already have, but he's just the better football player in my mind.
    If the top 2 are gone (for sure Watkins is gone) I prefer BPA than to reach for either Lee or Benjamin. The best way to evaluate players, first and foremost, is production. Benjamin had good #s, 54 grabs, 1011 yards, 15 TDs. So why do I feel he is not worthy of drafting in the first?

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...elvin-benjamin

    He came up big in big games. Some of his weakest games were vs. weak teams. He dropped 212 on FL.

    Why do I feel he is an incomplete WR? Or maybe a poor attitude guy?

  6. #46
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,883
    My breakdown of benjamin is the following:

    He DOES routinely get separation, his "4.6" is very miseleading, hes no slouch running down the sideline and he is very strong, you cant jam him at the line and not be punished. He will always require safety help.

    Hes a better route runner than hes given credit for, but he NEEDS to be even better or he will be nobody at the next level. He could step on and be a 10-12 TD a year guy, which is nice but he needs to be more than that. He is EXACTLY what haley wants for the offense, he would be productive like Bowe was in KC, he would play the boldin role in AZ, he would be TO to Antonio Browns Terry Glenn....the biggest problem with him to me is the agility measurement, basically everything EXCEPT his 40. He was near the bottom in every one of them, the last guy to draw physical comparisons to calvin johnson and test like that was someone who hasnt even once gotten separation in the pros...Jonathan Baldwin. For being so big, so strong, and being able to jump so high...baldwin should be a nightmare, at LEAST in the redzone.

    The middle ground for him is a TE convert like Ernest Wilford was for the jags (scary because i do see a lot of another former jag in him, reggies williams), but i suspect he will either be an epic bust or a hall of fame caliber receiver.

  7. #47
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,632
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    My breakdown of benjamin is the following:

    He DOES routinely get separation, his "4.6" is very miseleading, hes no slouch running down the sideline and he is very strong, you cant jam him at the line and not be punished. He will always require safety help.

    Hes a better route runner than hes given credit for, but he NEEDS to be even better or he will be nobody at the next level. He could step on and be a 10-12 TD a year guy, which is nice but he needs to be more than that. He is EXACTLY what haley wants for the offense, he would be productive like Bowe was in KC, he would play the boldin role in AZ, he would be TO to Antonio Browns Terry Glenn....the biggest problem with him to me is the agility measurement, basically everything EXCEPT his 40. He was near the bottom in every one of them, the last guy to draw physical comparisons to calvin johnson and test like that was someone who hasnt even once gotten separation in the pros...Jonathan Baldwin. For being so big, so strong, and being able to jump so high...baldwin should be a nightmare, at LEAST in the redzone.

    The middle ground for him is a TE convert like Ernest Wilford was for the jags (scary because i do see a lot of another former jag in him, reggies williams), but i suspect he will either be an epic bust or a hall of fame caliber receiver.
    I just think Lee is a better overall WR that is much less of a risk.. Most were rating him the #2 WR overall before the draft talk picked up as well as the combines/pro days. It's interesting when guys are rated #2 based on their college career and then they fall to 4/5/6 on peoples charts because of all the BS that means very little at the end of the day.

  8. #48
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,883
    I think lee would be 1.b if he produced even close to what he did in 2012...which was an incredible season for a WR

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    If the top 2 are gone (for sure Watkins is gone) I prefer BPA than to reach for either Lee or Benjamin. The best way to evaluate players, first and foremost, is production. Benjamin had good #s, 54 grabs, 1011 yards, 15 TDs. So why do I feel he is not worthy of drafting in the first?

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...elvin-benjamin

    He came up big in big games. Some of his weakest games were vs. weak teams. He dropped 212 on FL.

    Why do I feel he is an incomplete WR? Or maybe a poor attitude guy?
    I agree with your assessment for the most part. But I wouldn't call FL a big game. Maybe because it is a interstate rivalry but Florida was horrible this year. They were 107th against the pass.

    I don't care for him because he was invisible most of the year and he drops a ton of passes. He had 3 100 yard games but he also had 2 less than 30 games. He has 4 games below 50. Even playing against poor teams he only had more than 75 yards 3 times.

    I hope they go BPA so IMHO he isn't in consideration for that. 2nd round yes but not #15 overall.

  10. #50
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Benjamin or Hageman in that order
    I would not take either, probably not in the 2nd either. IMO, the BPA at that point would be Zach Martin, Trent Murphy... and maybe also Marquis Lee.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •