Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would You Draft?

Backup
    As an FSU guy who follows the program closely, I'd be very leery of Benjamin at 15. He's got a definite boom or bust quality about him... the physical talent is off the charts in terms of potential. The word around the program, though, is that he was often hard to motivate, and that one of the off field things that Jameis Winston brought to the table last year was the ability to get in his face and challenge him to put forward the effort to help the team win. Not sure I'm sold on a guy who doesn't possess the kind of internal motor needed to be great. Give me an undersized hard worker like Hines Ward anytime over a superior talent with inconsistent effort.

For the record, I don't want to draft OL because we have so many other needs. I'm hoping Munchak can turn Gilbert and Adams around.......

With that said, lets face it.... T is anything but locked down. Beachum played well but is he really a franchise LT? Adams/Giblert are clearly still question marks. Both have a lot of potential but that is about it.

Lewan is BPA and he would probably be the choice. If not, then I'm ok with Benjamin or Lee. I'm at a crossroads with Benjamin....I want them to give Ben a big WR but is he really worth 1.15? I don't know.... What about Lee vs. Benjamin? Lee is much more polished than Benjamin but Benjamin is such an intriguing pick.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    He certainly needs something. Before you say he is BPA in this situation you need to watch this game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gvy0nyQCMQ
    I did watch that game & every game I could view. Lewan got hurt in the PSU game & played through the injury to close out '13. The injury was reported as a Quad or Hip injury. He had his struggles after that. Still BPA. Who is yours?

If that is your game where he got "dominated" by a Freshman (Bosa)...Give me your breakdown with times.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/tayl...io-state-2013/
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 04-02-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Benjamin is either going to be a superstar or hes going to be a TE convert like Ernest Wilford was for the Jags lol. I dont mind the risk/reward because looking at him I see a 10-15 TD a year type of player, I just hope he can be more than a RZ target.

Id be fully on board with Lee...his poor 2013 (injuries/QB play) dont completely erase his incredible 2012 where he looked like Dez Bryant his final year playing at Oklahoma St

No on Lewan even if BPA...I'd go Marquise Lee, Fuller, Benjamin, Cooks, Amaro in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Benjamin is either going to be a superstar or hes going to be a TE convert like Ernest Wilford was for the Jags lol. I dont mind the risk/reward because looking at him I see a 10-15 TD a year type of player, I just hope he can be more than a RZ target.

Id be fully on board with Lee...his poor 2013 (injuries/QB play) dont completely erase his incredible 2012 where he looked like Dez Bryant his final year playing at Oklahoma St
    Agreed... I just have a hard time drafting potential at 1.15. I think Lee is well polished and will have a very good rookie year if he isn't drafted by a team with a poor QB situation. In fact, I would put him 2nd to Watkins as far as being NFL ready.

Hes also arguably the best fit for the offense, might not be tall like some want but Brown, Lee, Wheaton, and Moore could give teams a fit. A lot of unknown there, but bell and blount should ease the offensive learning curves

Legend
    You know what is good about this discussion. Everyone appears to have now seen that Nix would be a bad choice at #15! Top of Round 2 then yes but not in the middle of Round 1, he isn't even close to being the BPA that will be there for us to take.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You know what is good about this discussion. Everyone appears to have now seen that Nix would be a bad choice at #15! Top of Round 2 then yes but not in the middle of Round 1, he isn't even close to being the BPA that will be there for us to take.
    Very true lol

Hall of Famer
    Steelers Primary targets at #15 are Gilbert, Dennard, Evans, &......If they can't trade down....Benjamin. In a perfect world...We can hope one of Gilbert, Dennard, Evans will be there.

IF they have to pick...Lewan & Benjamin are the discussion...You have to take Lewan. I don't like the pick...But you have to. You can't pass on Franchsie QB, CB, or LT if you don't have one & one is available. That is why they did extensive research on Lewan. If they feel charcter is good & he is a franchise guy....You don't pass on him for Benjamin. ***AND I am a Benjamin guy!***