Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would You Draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Or.....do you draft EJ Gaines at #15?
    E J Gaines should still be available when we draft at 3(97), if we haven't picked a CB yet in the first 2 rounds he might be a very good selection...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Listen JPN, I know you believe you are a gift to football and all, but I'm done with the conversation. I stand by my assessment. And despite me "not playing football" my track record for eyeing talent is pretty good. So, let people take a look at the film and decide for themselves. But, when Lewan falls on his face as an NFL LT, please don't makes excuses for him with your superior football knowledge. Just admit he is a very average NFL RT.

PS-You really don't have to qualify your posts with your resume. Solid posts are solid posts, they should stand on their own merit.

And Good for you....Try & play it off. This coming from the guy who PM me...You are a real stand up guy Shawn. Your track record fell with your assessment. It takes a big man to tell someone they are wrong & back it up. Takes a bigger man to say HE is wrong. So we will see if that day ever comes for you because you don't have it in you. I don't need to pat myself on the back with who I evaluated in the past like yourself.

You want to try & degarde me...I will post my football background. Put your tail between your legs & limp away. My post stand on their own merit. You challenged it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post

And Good for you....Try & play it off. This coming from the guy who PM me...You are a real stand up guy Shawn. Your track record fell with your assessment. It takes a big man to tell someone they are wrong & back it up. Takes a bigger man to say HE is wrong. So we will see if that day ever comes for you because you don't have it in you. I don't need to pat myself on the back with who I evaluated in the past like yourself.

You want to try & degarde me...I will post my football background. Put your tail between your legs & limp away. My post stand on their own merit. You challenged it.
    Whatever man. If you want to bully people go somewhere else. I won't have it. People who have seen me post here and at the Trib for more than a decade know I admit when I am wrong. They know I have zero issue saying...yup messed that one up. And while I may not have your football knowledge...I do pretty well assessing talent. So, time will tell...and if Lewan turns out to be an All Pro, I will gladly say you were right. If he doesn't will you make more excuses for him? Probably because how could you possibly be wrong...right?

And what does me PM'ing you have anything to do with this? A little while back I asked you what you did, asked about your football background. I solicited that information because you seemed to put together some really good posts. Nothing has changed other than having to sort through all the ego in order to converse with you...or disagree with you. Let your posts stand on their own merit...no need to give out your resume...you are not on a job interview.
    Last edited by Shawn; 04-03-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Whatever man. If you want to bully people go somewhere else. I won't have it. People who have seen me post here and at the Trib for more than a decade know I admit when I am wrong. They know I have zero issue saying...yup messed that one up. And while I may not have your football knowledge...I do pretty well assessing talent. So, time will tell...and if Lewan turns out to be an All Pro, I will gladly say you were right. If he doesn't will you make more excuses for him? Probably because how could you possibly be wrong...right?

And what does me PM'ing you have anything to do with this? A little while back I asked you what you did, asked about your football background. I solicited that information because you seemed to put together some really good posts. Nothing has changed other than having to sort through all the ego in order to converse with you...or disagree with you. Let your posts stand on their own merit...no need to toot your own horn.

I have been here just as long. I was over at the Trib same name. I'm not Bullying anyone. How many times are you going to say "do pretty well assessing talent" before you figure out that is "tooting your own horn". I will & always have said if I was wrong. Others...Seem to forget & look left & right to see if anyone is looking.

The PM thing is because I told you my background. Like a kid You post "Wrong. You edited your original post to my question when I asked you if you had watched the Michigan vs OSU film. You said you did...then later edited it with a link and a snide comment. You went back to look, as you hadn't studied the Michigan OSU game even though you said you had." So you called me out. I do my research. You aren't anything special. You knew my background so that was an insult. I posted my background to defend myself. We will just avoid each other in the future. Be proud of yourself...Stay True.

Legend

User Info Menu

You have been around for awhile, and have always been a quality poster. You always seemed pretty humble...not sure what has been up with you lately.

As for me tooting my own horn, I'm not posting IQ scores, education, or my job experience in order to validate my opinion. Yes, I believe I'm PRETTY good at evaluating talent...not elite...not amazing but pretty good.

There have been some really knowledgeable posters here that eventually got banned or ignored because they struggled with interpersonal skills. I won't name them but two are very sharp guys...one is permaband...and the other has been banned from here more times than I can remember. I like both of them...both know their stuff. I hate to see good posters slip because of whatever...maybe life stuff who knows.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You have been around for awhile, and have always been a quality poster. You always seemed pretty humble...not sure what has been up with you lately.

As for me tooting my own horn, I'm not posting IQ scores, education, or my job experience in order to validate my opinion. Yes, I believe I'm PRETTY good at evaluating talent...not elite...not amazing but pretty good.

There have been some really knowledgeable posters here that eventually got banned or ignored because they struggled with interpersonal skills. I won't name them but two are very sharp guys...one is permaband...and the other has been banned from here more times than I can remember. I like both of them...both know their stuff. I hate to see good posters slip because of whatever...maybe life stuff who knows.

Shawn...Slipping is your opinion. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they are slippping. I could say you are slipping with your Lewan evaluation. I feel strongly about my assement...I'm just as passionate as you are.

Don't know what the "banned" or "ignored"comments are all about. I don't like threats & if that is what you are doing that is pretty low. Ignore me if you have to.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post

Shawn...Slipping is your opinion. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they are slippping. I could say you are slipping with your Lewan evaluation. I feel strongly about my assement...I'm just as passionate as you are.

Don't know what the "banned" or "ignored"comments are all about. I don't like threats & if that is what you are doing that is pretty low. Ignore me if you have to.
    Threats? I don't run this place...I have no power here. What is your deal man? You just remind me of some solid posters who started bumping heads with a bunch of people and got themselves banned. I actually noticed a change in you months ago with other posters...just extra edge I hadn't noticed before. Has nothing to do with you disagreeing with me. There are guys who usually disagree with me...like em...respect em. I'm not threatened by disagreement.

So, I'll roll with your original idea...maybe staying away from each others posts for awhile is the mature thing to do.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Threats? I don't run this place...I have no power here. What is your deal man? You just remind me of some solid posters who started bumping heads with a bunch of people and got themselves banned. I actually noticed a change in you months ago with other posters...just extra edge I hadn't noticed before. Has nothing to do with you disagreeing with me. There are guys who usually disagree with me...like em...respect em. I'm not threatened by disagreement.

So, I'll roll with your original idea...maybe staying away from each others posts for awhile is the mature thing to do.
    No deal. I read it the wrong way then. Thought you were implying something.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Both are you are excellent posters and always provide insight.... can't we all just get along?

See.... this is what happens when the draft gets delayed.....people start getting edgey
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

The hostility some posters show towards each other does prove that posting at "the Planet" may cause you to have a menstral cycle.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"