Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Darrius Heyward-Bey reportedly to visit Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Darrius Heyward-Bey reportedly to visit Steelers

The Pittsburgh Steelers are stepping up their efforts to replace departed wide receivers Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery.

Former Indianapolis Colts wideout Darrius Heyward-Bey is visiting Pittsburgh on Wednesday, reports Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

The perennially cap-strapped Steelers have less than a $1 million available, so DHB makes sense as a veteran unlikely to collect guarantees on his next contract.

Heyward-Bey, 27, has shown flashes of promises over the past three seasons, but fell out of favor in Indianapolis last season after struggling with drops and physical cornerbacks.

If signed by the Steelers, he would not fill the need for a big, physical wide receiver. The organization is fully expected to add a red-zone target for Ben Roethlisberger early in the 2014 NFL Draft.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000338733/article/report-darrius-heywardbey-to-visit-pittsburgh-steelers[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

WR Darrius Heyward-Bey will visit Steelers tomorrow

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette:

WR Heyward-Bey will visit Steelers tomorrow. 7th overall pick in 2009. UFA. Trying to patch some of the thin spots

[URL]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Another classic Al Davis stretch-pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

If he signs for the minimum on a qualified contract, I would give him a shot. He is at least a credible body at the position. I don't think that he would change the draft strategy one bit, but it would remove one of two glaring holes remaining on the roster, with the other being left defensive end.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Really? A notorious soft WR who can't catch? He'd be about as awesome as that bum CB they just signed.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Anyone still remember Ryan Mundy knocking Heyward-Bey out a few years back?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Anyone still remember Ryan Mundy knocking Heyward-Bey out a few years back?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I got no problem with them kicking tires on a 6'2" 215 lbs 27 year old wr who runs under 4.4 and could be had for league minimum. Doesn't mean he's going to be good but if can be our 5th well we could do worse. I do think Justin Brown will have a shot at that last receiver spot as well. Add a draft pick and let them battle it out at Latrobe.

Legend

User Info Menu

If signed, Bey will be in competition for the #2 slot much to many fans chagrin. It will be Wheaton, Bey and likely a rookie competing for that #2 slot...and I would say Bey has as good of a shot as the other two.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ugh. Not reliable.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.