Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Darrius Heyward-Bey reportedly to visit Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

look at him SMOKE everyone as a gunner though lol
    There is also a clip of him driving a DB out of a play as a blocker on a TD run.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    There is also a clip of him driving a DB out of a play as a blocker on a TD run.
    That was in the playoffs against the Chefs. I like the fact that he is a willing blocker. Some guys with a lot of athletic talent seem afraid to mix it up. He doesn't appear to be one of them.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I don't expect Lewan to make it past the Giants at #12.
    i didnt either at first. but the giants have signed like 4 OL free agents and have last years #1 OT

Hall of Famer
    yes, it stinks that he drops passes.

but our former deep threat did as well.
    as did nate washington who was our deep threat when he was here

for a min vet contract, not a bad move IMO

Bingo!! Every team needs at potential DEEP threat and we just landed ours for dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    Bingo!! Every team needs at potential DEEP threat and we just landed ours for dirt cheap.
    Just because you are fast doesn't mean you are a deep threat. You have to know how to use your speed. DHB hasn't shown he knows how to do that.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Just because you are fast doesn't mean you are a deep threat. You have to know how to use your speed. DHB hasn't shown he knows how to do that.
    I'm guessing they'll give him the chance to show it. If he can pull it together- great! If not, it was a low-risk gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm guessing they'll give him the chance to show it. If he can pull it together- great! If not, it was a low-risk gamble.
    Exactly. I don't understand why some people don't like the signing. He is a cheap camp body with some experience. He won't keep them from adding another WR either through the draft or even FA. Basically a close to risk free signing.

Pro Bowler
    I would hope the idea for this signing is competition for all the young WR's and another veteran for camp. Also a chance for a fast guy on special teams and WR. Also IF the plan is to draft a first round WR. Maybe this is to keep a 2014 1st rd WR grounded by hearing the experience from a kind of 1st round bust? So many positive possibilities for such a cheap vet signing. Making a team better is not always seen directly, it can come from behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    Yes this is something every football teams need. Just ask the Seahawks.

Ben has 2 ring and if it werent for Walla...oh what he had NO speed freak in either SB win.
    Well what would Brady be withoout......oh wait he LOST with Moss.

Why EXACTLY does EVERY team NEED this guy?

The Falcons and Lions can be what we aspire to become.

Look I dont hate the signing because it was cheap.
    But I'm not gonna get all excited by him until he shows something worthy of any sort of expectation.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-05-2014 at 04:48 PM.