Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate my Mock...

Backup

User Info Menu

Rate my Mock...

This is my first mock draft for 2014 for the Steelers. Haven't looked at the top prospects to much but feel free to bash me, rate it or talk of a guy I have in my mock...I wanna know more. Thanks

RND 1: D. DENNARD CB

RND 2: S. TUITT DE

RND 3: D. MONCREIF WR

RND 4: J. WATKINS CB

RND 5; M. BULLOUGH ILB

RND 5; T. MASON RB

RND 6: V MOALA DT

RND 6: L WEBSTER DE

RND 7: D STREET WR

Some notes: We really need CB help for now and the future...I think it is very possible Dennard will be gone and we draft either Gilbert CB or Benjamin WR from FL St.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post

Some notes: We really need CB help for now and the future...I think it is very possible Dennard will be gone and we draft either Gilbert CB or Benjamin WR from FL St.
    I think it's more likely that Dennard will be there at #15 than that Gilbert will. And I think #15 might be too high to take Benjamin.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As someone who doesn't watch much of the amateur football I can't speak as well to how good the players are, but this is the Offenses turn to get the #1 so I'm guessing the WR they like most will be the pick.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I think it's more likely that Dennard will be there at #15 than that Gilbert will. And I think #15 might be too high to take Benjamin.
    I don't want any WR in the first round...But I think the front office is going to finally give Ben his wish for a big WR. They also put out possible false info through a Writer in town that they want M. Evans in the first. I hope a solid CB is still on the board.

Rookie

User Info Menu

They went offense three years in a row (Ben, Heath, Holmes) so going D two years in a row isn't necessarily a stretch...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would be thrilled if it fell that way. Nothing not to like lop. Filled needs and a few guys have a high upside.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    As someone who doesn't watch much of the amateur football I can't speak as well to how good the players are, but this is the Offenses turn to get the #1 so I'm guessing the WR they like most will be the pick.
    I've asked this before, and maybe I've missed it. But has Colbert stated this pattern is going to follow? I know actions speak louder than words but I think its coincidence up to now. How can you dismiss half the draft just to stick to an offense vs defense pattern. What if by some strange quirk of fate that Khalil Mack fell to 15? I don't think Colbert would pass on him because its the offenses' turn. On the other hand what if the Steelers board has defensive players ranked at the top when its their turn. I think they would stick to their board and not the side of the ball. just my 2 cents.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As to your mock Legend...

I don't think Tuitt or Moncrief fall to 2 and 3 respectively. I believe both are chosen before that. That would be a great haul though if it happened that way. I would be happy with that.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    As to your mock Legend...

I don't think Tuitt or Moncrief fall to 2 and 3 respectively. I believe both are chosen before that. That would be a great haul though if it happened that way. I would be happy with that.
    Thanks for the input...One thing I have learned in watching these drafts is that these mocks and experts and projections are very off for some of these players coming out...especially once you get past the first round.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I've asked this before, and maybe I've missed it. But has Colbert stated this pattern is going to follow? I know actions speak louder than words but I think its coincidence up to now. How can you dismiss half the draft just to stick to an offense vs defense pattern. What if by some strange quirk of fate that Khalil Mack fell to 15? I don't think Colbert would pass on him because its the offenses' turn. On the other hand what if the Steelers board has defensive players ranked at the top when its their turn. I think they would stick to their board and not the side of the ball. just my 2 cents.
    This has been just a coincidence. No policy has been stated that they are trading spots, but it's been going on since Coach came to the team so it's the pattern.