Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign former Texans CB Brice McCain

Legend

User Info Menu

If they needed a warm camp body they should have called up Terry Hawthorne... last year's 5th rounder that didn't make it thru camp.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If he couldn't make it through camp and played zero football for anyone last year, why would they call him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If he couldn't make it through camp and played zero football for anyone last year, why would they call him?
    That'd be about like signing the lowest rated corner in the league to me.. just sayin'.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With no guaranteed money, it is a fine signing. With guaranteed $, I don't like it
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, I will say this: Even with a few weaker dudes added, I like all the overall activity and they did make some surprising, quality moves. When is the last time you recall free agency where Pgh added more than 1 - if any - players with potential substantial playing time in free agency? They signed 3 or maybe 4 so far.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    That'd be about like signing the lowest rated corner in the league to me.. just sayin'.
    Except completely different...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    With no guaranteed money, it is a fine signing. With guaranteed $, I don't like it
    Details for McCain

Steelers get McCain for vet minimum plus $65 K bonus. He will count $635,000 against their cap. That means he adds $215 K to cap as top-51
    — Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) [URL="https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/statuses/451061010863235073"]April 1, 2014[/URL]
    and

Steelers now have a little less than $400 K in salary cap space.
    — Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) [URL="https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/statuses/451061213305520128"]April 1, 2014[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you need depth...You sign a vet who has played in the NFL in 72 games & started 10. You don't sign your old draft pick that lost his job in camp that you cut. Hasn't played a snap in the NFL. He was thought of so highly...No other NFL team even signed him to the PS. Injury, attitude, ability....Something is off.

Good signing going forward. Again...Win-Win. Doesn't work out or gets beat out...Cut him before 53.

Administrator

User Info Menu

A better question..... Why would they draft Hawthorne then especially in the 5th round? Doesn't make the Steelers roster and is on no one elses roster in his first year after the Steelers drafted him in the 5th. Talk about a miss!
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Except completely different...
    you know, you are right... I agree with you 100%.
    Last edited by Ernie; 04-02-2014 at 01:00 PM.