Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a new man crush-Stanley Jean Baptiste

Legend

User Info Menu

I have a new man crush-Stanley Jean Baptiste

I have to disagree with the CBS scouting assessment about his physicality. This is a big physical corner who tackles like a linebacker, head hunts like a FS, covers like a an elite DB and has the hands of a WR. This guy is the real deal. What is crazy is that this guy is a new convert and is only going to get better.

He won't get past to the Steelers in the third...might not even get to them in the second. I have a feeling a team will fall in love with him and draft him much higher than expected.

My question is this...if the Steelers draft Dennard and Jean Baptiste is there...should the Steelers pass? I know of the need at WR, but locking down the secondary for the next 5-10 years with Allen, Dennard and Baptiste would be so sweet.

Thoughts?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd be down with Baptiste if they have a chance to pick him up at the right time. The increased interest in big corners (ie Richard Sherman) will up his draft stock quite a bit. I think Corner is definitely the biggest need...and they would be wise to pick up 2..

Legend

User Info Menu

It would be sweet and if the Steelers feel he is the BPA, they''ll take him.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I have to disagree with the CBS scouting assessment about his physicality. This is a big physical corner who tackles like a linebacker, head hunts like a FS, covers like a an elite DB and has the hands of a WR. This guy is the real deal. What is crazy is that this guy is a new convert and is only going to get better.

He won't get past to the Steelers in the third...might not even get to them in the second. I have a feeling a team will fall in love with him and draft him much higher than expected.

My question is this...if the Steelers draft Dennard and Jean Baptiste is there...should the Steelers pass? I know of the need at WR, but locking down the secondary for the next 5-10 years with Allen, Dennard and Baptiste would be so sweet.

Thoughts?
    Hes very physical, but he can be way more physical at his size...thats what the "knocks" on the scouting reports suggest. For out of college CB hes very physical but it is exciting to see how much more violent he can be. He can destroy WRs at the line

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Hes very physical, but he can be way more physical at his size...thats what the "knocks" on the scouting reports suggest. For out of college CB hes very physical but it is exciting to see how much more violent he can be. He can destroy WRs at the line
    The guy is disruptive and smooth...such a unique combination for a big DB...his hips are so fluid. I know he is still a bit raw but he is a first round talent in my book.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Its funny because by definition he is stiff, its his lack of wasted motion/extra steps that make him appear smooth, which is fantastic.

I see browner comparisons, its lazy....browner isnt that good, he is allowed to man handle WRs at the line (while he was at seattle at least)

To me, SJB reminds me a TON of Al Harris. Check out his jam ability, you saw this constantly from him

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3AgU47G7Hg[/url]

He improved his time from a 4.61 to the 4.5 range....(4.6 was plenty fast enough for him imo)

Theres a good reason to crush on him

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Dennard is a technician and a lock down guy.

I think SJB has some nasty, some ball hawk, and brings a presence to the field.

I would love to have both and force a QB to pick which one they want to test.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They draft Dennard in the FIRST and he's available in the 3rd you take him and you have your CBs for the next 4 yrs.
    However...... with the success of the Seahawks in a copy cat league, does this guy make it past the 2nd round. I don't think so.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

SJB will be gone before our pick at the end of Round 3. So if we don't trade down in Round 1 to get an extra 3rd then we need to look at a later option for a CB.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

There are several 'big' CB's worth looking at. The Steelers don't mind picking athletes from smaller schools, for what it's worth, at the CB position. You only need look at our current 2 starters.. That said, the sudden 'need' for big CB's is about as out of control as the 'need' for 2 TE's a couple of years ago. If a CB is good, makes plays & doesn't let his man get past him, 5'10" is just as good as 6'3".
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Nate Wiggins CB
    2. Ricky Pearsall WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR