Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gilbert vs Dennard

In his latest mock on NFL.com, Daniel Jeremiah has the Steelers going with Bradley Roby at #15 and Dennard going to SF all the way down at #30. He has the Titans taking Gilbert at #11. How do you guys think Roby compares with Dennard and Gilbert?

I don't think it's even close. Maylock has Dennard as the best DB in the draft. Followed by Fuller THEN Gilbert then Roby. I think that is accurate based upon refined DB cover skills. I believe Maylock is less impressed with 40 times and upside and more grounded in what have they produced on the field. If that is the case, his rankings make much sense.

Roby is a project and I see no way the Steelers select him at 15. As much as I like his upside I watched him bite on Abberderis double moves all game long giving up 200 yards to a third round talent. The Steelers are better evaluators of talent than that. The only time I really seen them reach for a guy who hadn't really put together an amazing college career was with Timmons based on upside. Timmons was raw and had only one starting season under his belt but the Steelers fell in love with him. Maybe that happens with Roby, but I seriously doubt it.

I watched Roby all season. I'm a huge Buckeyes fan. With that said, Roby will be a good CB in the NFL, but just not a 1st 15 pick good. I hope he turns out to be Revis good, but I just do not see it.

I see Kyle Fuller being very very good and worth that 15th pick. If all CB's are still up for grabs when we pick, I hope they take Fuller.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I watched Roby all season. I'm a huge Buckeyes fan. With that said, Roby will be a good CB in the NFL, but just not a 1st 15 pick good. I hope he turns out to be Revis good, but I just do not see it.

I see Kyle Fuller being very very good and worth that 15th pick. If all CB's are still up for grabs when we pick, I hope they take Fuller.
    Cool. I just wasn't sure because posters on this board seemed to be thinking Dennard, Gilbert or possibly Fuller. Then I go look at the NFL.com mock and it shows Roby. Since I've pretty much quit watching the amateurs, I wasn't sure how you guys thought he would grade.