4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    We will go WR in the first.
    Works for me. Of course, they haven't gone the direction I've wanted in years so why should this year be different?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    We will go WR in the first.
    I hope so! That or a TE like Ebron who right now is essentially Mike Evans +
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I'm convinced at this point that Dennard is the top option - if he's gone, I'm guessing Evans is gone as well and we go Kelvin Benjamin.

I've done some reflecting on this draft and the talent there. In really thinking through the options, I would imagine draft picks would be:

CB - Ike is aging and the team needs an eventual replacement; Expect a selection rounds 1-3, but, wouldn't be shocked by a second one being drafted (see: Shaq Richardson visits)

WR - while we don't know much on Wheaton, the fact that Lance Moore only has a 2 year deal means WR likely is on the short list; Expect a selection rounds 1-3

DE
    - Cam Thomas also got a short term deal, he's not a long-term solution; competition can be found in rounds 2-5

OT
    - the interior of the o-line looks to be in good hands, but, i'm not sure there's a guy we trust to protecte Ben's blind side; thinking rounds 3-5 on a guy with upside

NT
    - there aren't many great ones in this draft and the one with a first round grade would be a reach to select at # 15; My eggs are all in the Zack Kerr basket

RB
    - there are only 2 on the roster with NFL experience and no true scat back. I would expect a late round selection of an undersized guy with SPEED

OLB - One-year deal with Worilds, who we hope will be extended. Jarvis is a work in progress with potential. Still, I could see a mid-to-late round selection here to groom in case either doesn't pan out. Even with Moats, the position is thin, so don't count JH's return out yet

ILB - Timmons has 3 guys to compete for time alongside him. Part of this question is Spence's progress to compete with Vince. If he is ready, this need could be eliminated. Worst case Moats can fill in here in spots.

Yesterday I started putting together a new, realistic mock, factoring in all these considerations. Will post it soon.
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I'm convinced at this point that Dennard is the top option - if he's gone, I'm guessing Evans is gone as well and we go Kelvin Benjamin.

I've done some reflecting on this draft and the talent there. In really thinking through the options, I would imagine draft picks would be:

CB - Ike is aging and the team needs an eventual replacement; Expect a selection rounds 1-3, but, wouldn't be shocked by a second one being drafted (see: Shaq Richardson visits)

WR - while we don't know much on Wheaton, the fact that Lance Moore only has a 2 year deal means WR likely is on the short list; Expect a selection rounds 1-3

DE
    - Cam Thomas also got a short term deal, he's not a long-term solution; competition can be found in rounds 2-5

OT
    - the interior of the o-line looks to be in good hands, but, i'm not sure there's a guy we trust to protecte Ben's blind side; thinking rounds 3-5 on a guy with upside

NT
    - there aren't many great ones in this draft and the one with a first round grade would be a reach to select at # 15; My eggs are all in the Zack Kerr basket

RB
    - there are only 2 on the roster with NFL experience and no true scat back. I would expect a late round selection of an undersized guy with SPEED

OLB - One-year deal with Worilds, who we hope will be extended. Jarvis is a work in progress with potential. Still, I could see a mid-to-late round selection here to groom in case either doesn't pan out. Even with Moats, the position is thin, so don't count JH's return out yet

ILB - Timmons has 3 guys to compete for time alongside him. Part of this question is Spence's progress to compete with Vince. If he is ready, this need could be eliminated. Worst case Moats can fill in here in spots.

Yesterday I started putting together a new, realistic mock, factoring in all these considerations. Will post it soon.
    I would agree with most of this. I do think Dennard is one of their top targets (next to Evans).

But I could also See them taking a guy like Barr in 1 or maybe Van Noy in 2, which would provide tremendous value.

I do think Moats has eliminated them looking hard into Mosely or Shazier in round one, but I could see them taking someone like Smallwood or Skov in 2/3 as well

Heres in interesting LT prospect to look at for a mid/late round guy...Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, a canadian prospect with a Medical degree lol

McGill OT Kills It In Drills for NFL Scouts, Lines Up Four Visits
    John Kryk - March 27th, 2014

- – -

The best thing about Laurent Duvernay-Tardif’s impressive pro day on Thursday?

He convinced himself of something he had just been hoping for.

“I think now I belong in the NFL,” the 23-year-old McGill University med student said in a telephone interview from Montreal, after exceeding most of his goals in an NFL scouting-combine style workout.

In front of talent evaluators from nine NFL and four CFL teams, Duvernay-Tardif killed it, as they say, in all three phases for an NFL-calibre offensive line draft prospect: power, agility and speed.

Measuring 6-foot-5 and weighing about a dozen pounds lighter than normal, at 298, Duvernay Tardif did the following indoors, all in rapid succession, as he was the only athlete auditioning:

* bench-pressed 34 reps of 225 pounds. Only six of 50 offensive linemen benched more at the NFL scouting combine last month in Indianapolis;

* twice had a vertical leap of 31.5 inches. Only two O-linemen at the combine leaped higher;

* was mad he ran the three-cone ‘L’ drill in 7.3 seconds, even though no O-lineman at the combine ran it in under 7.3;

* ran the 40-yard dash, depending on whose stop watch you gauged, in anywhere from 4.94 and 5.08 seconds. Only five OLs at the combine posted sub-5.0 official times in the 40;

* leaped 9-feet-6 in the broad jump. Only Michigan’s Taylor Lewan — a likely Top 15 overall pick — jumped farther at the combine (9-feet-9);

* Ran the short shuttle in 4.59 seconds. Only 10 OLs did it faster at the combine.

“I was super relaxed. It was just like another workout, and I was super happy at the end,” Duvernay-Tardif said. “Those are great numbers.”

So much so that they captured the interest of Gil Brandt, known as the “Godfather” of draft analysts, who wanted to know how each drill went.

“Yes, they’re good numbers,” Brandt said by phone.

Duvernay-Tardif proved he measures up athletically. His shortcomings, as he and football people well know, are his Canadian university football pedigree and his hampered development over the past three years, as a result of not having been able to practise more than once per week because of his demanding med-school studies.

Duvernay-Tardif said he spoke frankly afterward with reps from the New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills and Arizona Cardinals.

“What they were saying is that I’m a good athlete and I move super well for my weight,” Duvernay-Tardif said. “The big question mark for them is just the level of competition I played against.

“But I wanted them to know I’m coachable and they can mould me into the player they want, whether it’s a tackle or guard or centre.”

CFL scouts from Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and Calgary also attended. Duvernay-Tardif is the top-ranked Canadian prospect for May’s CFL draft.

“I think I had an impressive day, for sure,” he said. “There are still some steps, but I think I’m going in the right way.”

Among those next steps are taking official visits to NFL teams. And after having dinner with a Bills scout on Wednesday, Duvernay-Tardif has visits lined up in Miami, Arizona, Cleveland and Seattle.

More are sure to follow.

“Yeah, we’re going to send that pro-day tape to all 32 NFL teams,” he said.

“Teams are so honest with you. Up until now I never knew what teams were thinking about me. Now I know that from every measurable way, I belong."

Also heres a few of my favorite steeler prospects (not really in order but how i think they would fit regardless of round, but not really first round guys)

RB:
    Isaiah Crowell (late round)

WR:
    Moncrief (2)
    Beckham (2)

TE:
    ASJ (2)

CB:
    Stanley Jean-Baptiste (2/3)
    EJ Gaines (4-6)

DE:
    Tuitt (2)
    Brent Urban (4-5)
    Ed Stintson (3-5)

OLB:
    Aaron Lynch (3-6)
    Kyle Van Noy (2)
    Larry Webster (5-7)

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Also heres a few of my favorite steeler prospects (not really in order but how i think they would fit regardless of round, but not really first round guys)

RB:
    Isaiah Crowell (late round)

WR:
    Moncrief (2)
    Beckham (2)

TE:
    ASJ (2)

CB:
    Stanley Jean-Baptiste (2/3)
    EJ Gaines (4-6)

DE:
    Tuitt (2)
    Brent Urban (4-5)
    Ed Stintson (3-5)

OLB:
    Aaron Lynch (3-6)
    Kyle Van Noy (2)
    Larry Webster (5-7)
    We're lining up pretty dang good. I LOVE moncrief - seen him mocked as late ast the 4th - can't figure that out, but, if he's there in the 3rd, no brainer. My guess is late 2nd/early 3rd - either way, long before that comp selection.

Tuitt is another guy i like - I could see that happening as a long-term solution at DE is certainly a need and he'd be a really good fit.

Also a fan of Deandre Coleman (3-5) out of Cal. DE who specializes in run stuffing, but, not a great pass rusher.

My favorite smaller back is easily LaDarius Perkins. He's stocky and may actually be able to handle a full-time role in a pinch (5'7", 200) -- Ray Rice, MJD type size/speed/power combination, but, played on a bad team (Miss State).
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!