Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Donald...

Legend

User Info Menu

Aaron Donald...

Steelers have had him in (doesn't count as a visit, so maybe it means nothing). His size (6' 288lbs) makes him an unlikely fit as a NT (although he's very strong), but what if he's more a Bruce Smith style 3-4 DE?

Is he a better fit at #15 than say, Nix?

Tomlin took a long look at former Michigan NT Mike Martin, and he was of similar stature.

Thoughts?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Donald...a lot. Don't see him going at #15. But, if they were to somehow work a trade-down...Unlikely, I think, but maybe.

Legend

User Info Menu

There are some mocks that have Donald going in the top 15. I don't think Donald at 15 is a stretch. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if that was the pick.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just don't see Donald as a fit for the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Schematically hes not a good fit.

Hes just plays ball though, some guys can just play.

Realistically at his size he can play any dline or even linebacker position for us. Bull rush on the outside, be a hammer on the inside.

Would feel soooo much better about taking him if he were a second round prospect though

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the only place he might fit would be at ILB as another Levon Kirkland, but for a conversion like that, he'd have to be a day 3 pick for me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He would be a great nickel DT. Against teams who play in multi WR sets, he would play a lot.

We need pass rushers. He would help a lot right away.

i'd take him at 15.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I like Donald...a lot. Don't see him going at #15. But, if they were to somehow work a trade-down...Unlikely, I think, but maybe.
    Actually, quite a few moch drafts have him going before #15. He was probably the best performing DL at the combine. I often wondered if he could be a Levon Kirkland like ILB?????

It's a shame we pass on talent like him because we are wedded to a system versus getting the best players.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's a shame we pass on talent like him because we are wedded to a system versus getting the best players.
    There will be plenty of players around the will be a fit for us that might not be a good fit for others.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Actually, quite a few moch drafts have him going before #15. He was probably the best performing DL at the combine. I often wondered if he could be a Levon Kirkland like ILB?????

Yet we took Evander Hood....a bad player and a poor fit