Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How would YOU use Bell and Blount?

Legend

User Info Menu

How would YOU use Bell and Blount?

I like the idea of using them both at the same time. With today's D's set up to stop the pass, we should go run heavy and run the veer. Mix in some passes to whoever. Going back to basics may pay off and with 2 huge backs we could wear downa D in a hurry.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I like the idea of using them both at the same time. With today's D's set up to stop the pass, we should go run heavy and run the veer. Mix in some passes to whoever. Going back to basics may pay off and with 2 huge backs we could wear downa D in a hurry.
    Did I hear somewhere that Bell said on twitter that he initially wasn't happy that blount was signed? I am hoping this is rumor! In my opinion, Bell hasn't earned the right to say that about any player that is being brought in to help the team. Bell is a very promising young back, and has shown us some things to get excited about... with that being said, I don't think he is YET what many have him built up to be though. 1- 100 yard rushing game is hardly considered "Proven" in this league.

Blount is a guy in my opinion who is going to come in and push Bell for playing time....and I think the FO stated to him as much. He could be a feature back on a fair percentage of the NFL teams.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Did I hear somewhere that Bell said on twitter that he initially wasn't happy that blount was signed? I am hoping this is rumor! In my opinion, Bell hasn't earned the right to say that about any player that is being brought in to help the team. Bell is a very promising young back, and has shown us some things to get excited about... with that being said, I don't think he is YET what many have him built up to be though. 1- 100 yard rushing game is hardly considered "Proven" in this league.

Blount is a guy in my opinion who is going to come in and push Bell for playing time....and I think the FO stated to him as much. He could be a feature back on a fair percentage of the NFL teams.
    I'll admit that I don't see everything these guys tweet. However, what I did see from Bell had him welcoming Blount to the team. Bell is a more versatile weapon and should be the primary back. However, I would still like to see Blount get around 10 carries a game- maybe more if we're taking the air out at the end of games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Reckon we'll see a heavier dose of running plays now that there are 2 solid RB's on the roster. Would expect Blount to get 10 or so carries a game, Bell 15-20 not including passes his way. Then mix in a 3rd down guy (unless Bell takes that role now) and we could see 30 odd rushes a game. Might take the pressure of the need to get a WR early that way.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

same roll Blount had with N.E.
    Backup and Kick Return Guy
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    That's probably right.
    Though, if Bell is the especially versatile weapon that he was purported to be (when we drafted him), I'd like to think they add some wrinkles (e.g. splitting Bell wide?) that will take advantage of that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I would add short-yardage and goal line back...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I would add short-yardage and goal line back...
    Blount isn't going to be poaching goal line carries unless bell is tired. Let's keep in mind just how effective bell was last season picking up the tough yards.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Blount isn't going to be poaching goal line carries unless bell is tired. Let's keep in mind just how effective bell was last season picking up the tough yards.
    last year Bell converted 11 of 16 carries on 3rd or 4th down with less than 3 yards to go while Jonathan Dwyer converted 9 of 13 opportunities, both averaging roughly 69%.

Blount weighs 250 lbs, last season with the Patriots* he shared short-yardage duties with Stevan Ridley and converted 5 of 7 such opportunities for a 71% success rate. I see no reason why Blount won't get at least as many of the short-yardage carries that Dwyer got last season.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 03-29-2014 at 11:30 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bell Ringer and Blount Force Trauma...Yeah!
    To hell with Goodell!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.