Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How would YOU use Bell and Blount?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've been interested in how a small, fast, quarterback rushing defensive line does against two 235+ pound backs that can grind them down for a full game.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bell is a primary 3 down back and Blount is his backup.

Blount is not a grind it out runner, he's just a big scat back. I like the signing as an excellent insurance to bell but he should not take bell off the field for anything other than a rest.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Bell is a primary 3 down back and Blount is his backup.

Blount is not a grind it out runner, he's just a big scat back. I like the signing as an excellent insurance to bell but he should not take bell off the field for anything other than a rest.
    While I agree with your first sentence.
    I wouldn't say Blount is "just a big scat back" ......he has good speed for his size but he also knows how to get his pad low and take on defenders.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    While I agree with your first sentence.
    I wouldn't say Blount is "just a big scat back" ......he has good speed for his size but he also knows how to get his pad low and take on defenders.
    Bill Belicheat taught him that because before he came to New England he liked to run toward daylight only. In the NFL, sometimes you have to make your own daylight.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Blount will essentially fill Dwyer's role. He may get a few more carries than Dwyer did, but I think that's about it. I could also see Blount being used if the Steelers are up late in the game to grind out the clock.

Starter

User Info Menu

I wouldn't mind seeing a few plays with Blount in the back field and Bell split out,even if it's just a decoy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think Blount will essentially fill Dwyer's role. He may get a few more carries than Dwyer did, but I think that's about it. I could also see Blount being used if the Steelers are up late in the game to grind out the clock.
    This....plus, he will be a more than capable fill-in during those inevitable weeks when Bell is nicked up. You need two backs these days.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I agree with this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a few plays with Blount in the back field and Bell split out,even if it's just a decoy.
    This will happen a lot if we dont find another WR lol

In all seriousness, bell looked very comfortable out wide. Getting them both on the field would be great

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe Blount is an upgrade over Dwyer which is a very good thing.
    Trolls are people too.