Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How would YOU use Bell and Blount?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'll admit that I don't see everything these guys tweet. However, what I did see from Bell had him welcoming Blount to the team. Bell is a more versatile weapon and should be the primary back. However, I would still like to see Blount get around 10 carries a game- maybe more if we're taking the air out at the end of games.
    I also saw where he welcomed him to the team..but that was after the initial tweet mentioned above. I would also agree that Bell is the more versatile back (in that he can catch passes).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I also saw where he welcomed him to the team..but that was after the initial tweet mentioned above. I would also agree that Bell is the more versatile back (in that he can catch passes).
    I don't think you should jump to conclusion about some tweet of negative connotations that may have originated from Bell. Bell has seemed nothing but gracious, coachable and grounded in interviews. He certainly has enough good sense to know that he can't carry the ball himself 400 times, and that there was no one else on the roster. Unless there is something personal between he and Blount, which I doubt, why would he not welcome a good player and someone who can help him shoulder the load and improve the running game, which has been too far down the charts the last few years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    I don't think you should jump to conclusion about some tweet of negative connotations that may have originated from Bell. Bell has seemed nothing but gracious, coachable and grounded in interviews. He certainly has enough good sense to know that he can't carry the ball himself 400 times, and that there was no one else on the roster. Unless there is something personal between he and Blount, which I doubt, why would he not welcome a good player and someone who can help him shoulder the load and improve the running game, which has been too far down the charts the last few years?

I did a little research on what was tweeted... This was clearly a case of Bell showing his true feelings on the Blount signing... with a following post being damage control. I'm with you phile, he should welcome this signing.. it is fairly obvious to me that Bell feels threatened by this signing.

Steelers Le’Veon Bell gets upset about signing competition
    Today the Pittsburgh Steelers signed a new running back to the back field with LaGarrette Blount the former New England Patriots back. Well one person seemed kind of upset with the signing.

@L_Bell26: I can’t remember the last time I was THIS angry!!!

After posting this tweet Bell followed it up welcoming his competition.

@L_Bell26: welcome to the fam @LG_Blount …can’t wait to work with youu bro bro! #SteelCity

***Update***

I was contacted by Le’Veon’s camp who stated that the timing of his first post was bad, but was not intended towards Blount.

I was told Bell is excited to work with the former New England Patriots bruiser.

Legend

User Info Menu

You know what though... after reading this again... it is possible, albeit unlikely, that Bell's comments were based on something away from football entirely. Maybe the guy was just having a bad day...lol. Complete coincidence maybe?! I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You know what though... after reading this again... it is possible, albeit unlikely, that Bell's comments were based on something away from football entirely. Maybe the guy was just having a bad day...lol. Complete coincidence maybe?! I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...
    It's not unlikely at all. In fact, it's the most probably scenario really.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    It's not unlikely at all. In fact, it's the most probably scenario really.
    I agree. Just trying to be open minded, and see Steelerphile's point of view.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I highly doubt we'll see Bell & Blount on the field at the same time.
    They might come up with a package that features them together with Mike Adams at TE, hehehe
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Of course Bell is pised off... Blount is the type of back who can take Bell's spot if he gets injured for a few games.

Legend

User Info Menu

I did a little research on what was tweeted... This was clearly a case of Bell showing his true feelings on the Blount signing... with a following post being damage control. I'm with you phile, he should welcome this signing.. it is fairly obvious to me that Bell feels threatened by this signing.

Steelers Le’Veon Bell gets upset about signing competition
    Today the Pittsburgh Steelers signed a new running back to the back field with LaGarrette Blount the former New England Patriots back. Well one person seemed kind of upset with the signing.

@L_Bell26: I can’t remember the last time I was THIS angry!!!

After posting this tweet Bell followed it up welcoming his competition.

@L_Bell26: welcome to the fam @LG_Blount …can’t wait to work with youu bro bro! #SteelCity

***Update***

I was contacted by Le’Veon’s camp who stated that the timing of his first post was bad, but was not intended towards Blount.

I was told Bell is excited to work with the former New England Patriots bruiser.
    Don't get "ANGRY" get COMMITTED to being the best!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Don't get "ANGRY" get COMMITTED to being the best!
    Did he say what he was angry about? Did it have anything to do with football?