Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
I like the idea of having Archer as one of the backs paired with either Bell or Blount. How does the defense react to that? With Bell Ringer and Blount Force Trauma the defense can stay in its regular set. Throw Archer into the mix and you don't know what he's going to be doing.
I agree.
The thing I worry about with Archer is when he comes in you kinda know they want to get him the ball if he is the only halfback in the game.

If you have say Archer AND one of the big boys, you can motion Archer which will cause an overreaction and go to the big guy who get big chucks of yardage. Get that on film and teams won't be able to key on Archer when he comes in and we see his full potential. You don't know if you will see power or speed on any given play.

How about Archer and Bell replacing multiple receiver sets? You have TWO GUYS who can get open and catch, Bell can pick up any blitz and flare out as a safety hatch. Archer is faster than a corner and can be like an extra wideout.

Then you pull a draw to Archer out of that look and it is "fast Willie in the Super Bowl" time.

How can a defense POSSIBLY prepare for all the possible options?