Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Blount Signed to 2 Year Deal

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Maybe bad news....they showed a pic of Desean Jackson with some Skins and they were doing the same side ways peace signs, and word is DJ in involved in gangs which is one reason Philly dumped him. IDK.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Not for nothing, but Jackson generally makes a different ridiculous hand gesture when photographed....

Legend

User Info Menu

LeGarrette Blount: 'I am excited to get started'

Teresa Varley
    Steelers.com

Running back LeGarrette Blount is one of the many players taking part in Phase One of the offseason program.

Running back LeGarrette Blount, who signed with the Steelers after three seasons in Tampa Bay and last year in New England, is taking part in Phase One of the offseason program, which consists of strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation activities only.

Blount, who has 579 career rushing attempts for 2,771 yards and 20 touchdowns, shared his thoughts on a variety of subjects.

On why the Steelers were the right fit for him: “I like how they play. I like the division. I like that they have a tough, hard-nosed running style. From looking at old film with (Jerome) Bettis and Willie Parker, I know how they won the Super Bowl and they are trying to get back to that and I want to be a part of it.”

On the current group of running backs: “They seem pretty close. They welcomed me in pretty good. I am excited to get started with them.”

On what he brings to the offense: “I am hoping to come in here and contribute in some way, give a little moreof a tough running style to the offense. Le’Veon (Bell) is a big dude. He is a little taller than I am. I want to give a physical aspect to the running game. Just the whole aspect of me and Le’Veon being together and knowing the things we can do. It’s going to be an exciting time.”

On what he likes about the AFC North Division: “It’s hard hitting. I like that. It complements my running style. We’ll see how it goes. Hopefully they come out here and see what Le’Veon and I can bring here together.”

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article...7-88d2791e604c[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Maybe bad news....they showed a pic of Desean Jackson with some Skins and they were doing the same side ways peace signs, and word is DJ in involved in gangs which is one reason Philly dumped him. IDK.
    He would be an idiot to do it with the Skins...

that being said, gang signs can definitely look like peace signs from certain angles.

Blount was born in Florida.. I doubt he is affiliated

Legend

User Info Menu

hmm... a 4.79 career yard per carry average. Very excited about this guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm totally fired up for B squared. I think these two could do some serious damage and compliment each other nicely. And for the love of all that's good and holey, can the Steelers convert a 3rd and 1 this season! Just jam it up the other teams gut.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The idea of a change of pace back is having someone to catch the ball, which i think Bell is going to be great at this season. I was not very excited with the bell pick, though i thought it was inevitable but i think hes going to emarge as one of the better all purpose backs in the league.

Blount is usless in the pass game, but damn its intriguing to think of blount lined up in the backfield and bell in motions or in the slot

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'm totally fired up for B squared. I think these two could do some serious damage and compliment each other nicely. And for the love of all that's good and holey, can the Steelers convert a 3rd and 1 this season! Just jam it up the other teams gut.
    You can call them the killer B's. Make them wear the old school striped unis and the nickname will surely stick.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I still like

Bell Ringer and ...
    Blount Force Trauma
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    You can call them the killer B's. Make them wear the old school striped unis and the nickname will surely stick.
    you mean "Le Killer B's", right?
    Last edited by DrCalculus; 04-25-2014 at 12:37 PM.