Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 82

Thread: Blount Signed to 2 Year Deal

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Even though we weren't going to draft a RB high, this still allows us to worry less about RB in the draft. Now we can go....

    - CB
    - FS
    - NT
    - WR
    - LB, not necessarily in that order.

    I would say sign S Holmes to a 2 year low ball deal

    Then go...

    -CB
    -DL or WR
    -WR or DL
    -CB

    In the Draft. I like what we have done, It just bothers me that Ben has 1 Wr he is use to gunning to. SH makes sense IF he has grown up and stays healthy.

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    I would say sign S Holmes to a 2 year low ball deal

    Then go...

    -CB
    -DL or WR
    -WR or DL
    -CB

    In the Draft. I like what we have done, It just bothers me that Ben has 1 Wr he is use to gunning to. SH makes sense IF he has grown up and stays healthy.
    Legend, don't you think taking back SH would kind of destroy the whole PR point in ditching him to begin with? If Rooney takes him back, then it's as if he never had a point to begin with. For that reason alone, I don't see them even considering it for even 1 second. I just don't see it. If we head into the preseason with AB, Wheaton, Moore, Moye, Brown and add a rookie or two (or if we draft Ebron, who would be like having another WR in many ways and we could run lots to two TE sets), plus Bell is a hell of a pass catching back, I think we will be fine. I think Wheaton will prove a quality 2 this season. Sure, he hasn't proven it yet, but looking at his college production, I have all the confidence, now healthy, he will prove to be solid. Even super star WRs often have weak rookie years, so I am not worried.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    now, just one late round, light weight who can play 3rd downs/change of pace and the're pretty dang solid
    What round do you think Dri Archer of Kent State will go in? Could he be that guy?

  4. #14
    Here is more info on Blount: Steelers | LeGarrette Blount financials Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:04:49 -0700 Pittsburgh Steelers RB LeGarrette Blount was signed to a two-year, $3.85 million deal, which includes a $950,000 signing bonus. - See more at: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#sthash.YbVhuvsn.dpuf But Depot says 2yr 4 million and his info is 950,000 signing bonus also. But break down guess is something like NLTBE incentive of 150,000 in 2014 if gains 800 or more yards. And maybe a 850,000 base 2014. So cap charge for 2014 would be 1.325m and 2m in 2015 and maybe a 50,000 roster bonus. That would total 4m he says. I am sure he will have better concrete money info soon over there. Wonder if this is same type of deal offered to MJD. Wonder how it compares to what the Raiders gave MJD. Will have to look that up
    Last edited by SS Laser; 03-28-2014 at 06:12 PM.

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,932
    This dude is gonna be good for us. In case you forgot how hard he runs, check this out. The Steelers will bring back that physical style of play. This is the most we have improved in the off season in a long time. Pretty exciting.


  6. #16
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,461
    Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    What round do you think Dri Archer of Kent State will go in? Could he be that guy?
    I love Dri Archer and the potential weapon he could be coming out of the backfield and as a kick and punt returner.

    he's projected go in the 4th or 5th round...

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,932
    Not only did we land this bruiser; we got him in his PRIME. This is the best I felt about signing a free agent since Farrior, Kevin Greene or trading for Bettis. Just wait till teams have to deal with Bell all day, and then we bring this beast in. Hollllllerrrr.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Legend, don't you think taking back SH would kind of destroy the whole PR point in ditching him to begin with? If Rooney takes him back, then it's as if he never had a point to begin with. For that reason alone, I don't see them even considering it for even 1 second. I just don't see it. If we head into the preseason with AB, Wheaton, Moore, Moye, Brown and add a rookie or two (or if we draft Ebron, who would be like having another WR in many ways and we could run lots to two TE sets), plus Bell is a hell of a pass catching back, I think we will be fine. I think Wheaton will prove a quality 2 this season. Sure, he hasn't proven it yet, but looking at his college production, I have all the confidence, now healthy, he will prove to be solid. Even super star WRs often have weak rookie years, so I am not worried.
    I do see your point...I just remember the gamebreaker he was for us in the year we won the SB. He won 3-4 games because of mostly his game breaking skills. Plus the fact that he will come dirt cheap and Ben and him have the chemistry. My last point is that people when they get a little older change for the good. He hasn't seen the back of a cop car in some while now.
    I am just worried about our passing game but feel better that we sign Blount to open up our passing.
    J Finley could be a viable option also when our 8 mill kicks in.

  9. #19
    Well on that video he runs kind of like Bell. Maybe even more open field speed. Not as shifty as Bell I think. Going to be a very nice running game I think. Just hope he can keep his temper in check.

  10. #20
    Blount is a great signing. He isn't Bettis but he can pound and has decent speed for a big back.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •